The Art of Storytelling in Communicating to Audiences
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
The one-day Art of Storytelling in Communicating to Audiences is both practical and engaging. Most great speakers understand that communicating a powerful idea is best done through storytelling and building a narrative. The art of delivering a business narrative that is attention getting and memorable can effectively inspire and influence others.
This practical and interactive communications course is designed to address both internal and external audiences. You will learn the key elements to conveying an inspiring message in an impactful clear manner to create audience engagement and see several role model examples. You will understand the important ingredients of both planning (designing) and delivery techniques wherein you shine in sharing this powerful idea. For the external audiences, you will integrate your organisation’s public speaking guidelines and presentation aids.
You will be given the optional opportunity to practice storytelling during the session. Come prepared to develop your storytelling skills and have a lot of fun!
On this course you will learn:
- Choosing the right story
- Four key elements of storytelling
- Eight narrative patterns
- Effective speaking techniques
- Apply the art of storytelling in order to reach and engage an audience
- Explain and apply effective storytelling skills
- Describe the key elements of storytelling
- Enhance your talks and presentations through effective storytelling techniques and reach your communications objectives
- Introductions and goals
- Why we love stories and what is your favourite?
- What makes a great story/storyteller?
- Your organisation’s story and narrative
- Choosing the right story – audience; context; theme; objectives
- Presentation skills
- What we remember and why, injecting dynamism
- Building trust and credibility
- Watch TED talk – Nancy Duarte – the secret structure of great talks
- Narrative patterns
- Tell your story (recorded with feedback)
- TED talk – Andrew Stanton: The Clues to a Great Story
- Review and next steps
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Rima A. Al-Medaries | Media Affairs Executive | PR & Reputation Management
Very interesting and interactive session. The use of imagery and videos is very effective. The tangible and intangible elements of branding was very significant
— Jody Levitus | Freelancer |
This course was extremely thorough and I learnt more than I could ever have imagined. Our trainer was very personable, incredibly knowledgeable, so helpful and encouraging. I would certainly recommend the course.
— Itumeleng Sharon Ledimo | Botswana Medicines Regulatory Authority | Branding & Effective PR Strategies & Press Campaigns
I had an engaging session, thank you Ms Gleeson, it was really interesting to discuss the reputation management plan and Ms Gleeson's own experience. I recommend LSPR for all your Public Relations needs.
— Fasanya Omolola | TetFund, Head Protocol Unit |Branding
I enjoyed this class, it was vibrant and energetic. The tutor was really good and the exercises were insightful.
— Clare-Louise Taylor | Head of Marketing, DeVono Cresa
I found the course so valuable for me in my current role. It was especially useful that I could ask questions about current projects we are implementing at work and be able to integrate them as part of the training.
— Cao Hai Dang | Vietnam Airlines, Deputy General Manager |Branding
I learnt so much during my time at LSPR. The course and trainees are very good and professional.
— Rosamund Hutt, Business Owner
I am going home with lots of useful tools that I can apply to my business immediately!
- Nathaly Cifuentes Riano | Social media coordinator | Words heal the world
The trainer today was very knowledgeable; he gave me great ideas about risks and crisis management and how to prevent and manage communication.
— Marta Safin | Fetch, Social Account Director |Branding
I thought the course was very insightful and very helpful. The tutor was really good and very knowledgeable.
— Lucy Thomas | CoinGaming Group, PR & Sponsorship Manager |Branding
Another great course, which left me buzzing with ideas to take back to my company. I would highly recommend this.