Stress Management: Simple Strategies to Reduce Stress during the Covid-19 Crisis (MW01)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 12.30pm GMT
The two-hour Stress Management course has been designed specifically to help you manage your stress levels during this unprecedented crisis, due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Delivered via a live link to a world renowned stress management expert, you will be coached through the techniques used to help reduce and manage your stress levels.
Stress can affect your ability to think clearly and rationally and to perform well. This session aims to help you better deal with stress by sharing key insights and strategies to reduce stress and optimise your work-life balance, particularly as we all cope with our concerns and fears over the Corona Virus.
The world has changed around us. Remote working and worries about the changes affecting us have highlighted a need for stress management tools, in order to help cope with the impact of the changes.
The highly practical and interactive stress management session is suitable for anyone trying to juggle working remotely, with managing a family, or coping with the demands of isolation and loneliness.
On This Course You will learn:
- Learn coping techniques to deal with a different way of working and living
- Feel supported by others and know that you are not alone in the struggle
- Recognise the symptoms and causes of stress
- Discover simple stress busting techniques to manage and reduce the effects of stress in your life
- Create a simple personalised plan to rise above stress for a healthier and more productive lifestyle
What is stress? The origins, causes, and symptoms
- Flight or fight response and role of hormones
- Why it matters? Physiological, psychological, and physical effects
- The price you pay in terms of your health and your family
- Causes and triggers of stress
- Warning signs: cognitive, emotional, physical, behavioural
- Stats from around the world
Work – life balance under the remote working conditions
- How to create balance and set boundaries
- The notion of ‘tilting’
- Connecting with and pursuing your passion
- Gaining support at work and at home
- Learning how to say ’no’
Techniques to manage and reduce your stress levels
- Visualisation and relaxation techniques
- Breathing and stretching
- Energisers and drainers
- Meditative positive visualisation exercise (5 mins)
- Physical health
- Behaviours and beliefs
- Putting things in perspective
- Circle of influence (vs. circle of control)
- Slowing down (hurry sickness / time famine – Arianna Huffington Thrive)
- Purpose – identify what matters to you (values), gratitude journal, contribution
- Cultivating gratitude
- Finding meaning and purpose
Practical ways of setting up a support network
- Look at your own network of friends and family
- How can you support each other
- Build in informal social breaks
- Fun Friday virtual events with colleagues
- Volunteering in your local community
Susan Croft is an international trainer and member of the Advisory Board for the London School of Public Relations. She has worked for the organisation for close to 25 years and has helped shape the structure and focus of the school’s diploma programmes.
Susan has developed PR and crisis management campaigns for a wide variety of clients in education, non-profit, technology, business- to- business, and economic development. Alongside these offerings Susan also runs stress management programmes and is pleased to offer a bespoke workshop for LSPR clients. Susan blogs frequently on stress management and has run virtual workshops and coaching sessions for hundreds of people to help them overcome pressure and lead more balanced lives.
She is a qualified executive coach and has a diploma in Innovative People Development from the CIIPD. She has written three books - “Win New Business” (2002), and “Corporate Reputation: The New Currency” (2004) co-authored with John Dalton of the Centre for Issues and Crisis Management and “The Sixth Form MBA” (2014).
More information on Susan can be found here.
LSPR Professional Development Certificate: Stress Management
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."
Noor Alzayer | Event management Supervisor, Saudi Telecom Company (STC) | Crisis Communications
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | PR & Media Director, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
I would like to thank you very much for helping me to improve my skills in the field of media and Public Relations.
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."
Sakshi Kohli | India Today Group
LSPR provided a unique method of learning. Being able to break down real life scenarios and crisis and look at the crisis management cycles.