Strategic Planning, Presentation & Media Skills (for PR Professionals) (PR10)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The course focuses on how to create communication campaigns, manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, engage well with the audience and clients and create strategic media communications plans. There will be a focus on how business and financial analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk, provides a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
You will learn how to develop a better presentation skill-set, focusing on body language, delivery, confidence and communication skills.
You will be trained by leading experts in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies. The course provides useful frameworks needed to formulate strategies, evaluate options for business and contribute to organisational performance.
- Building reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Getting attention for your brand – from product to brand
- Understand strategic and financial analysis tools to help the process of decision making and in setting the right goals and objectives
- Understand the value of intellectual capital in gaining band equity and competitor advantage
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Developing communications campaigns
Day 1 - Effective branding and reputation management strategies
- Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- The visual elements of the brand and how it shapes our perception
- Exploring the differences between tangible (physical) and intangible (non-physical) elements of branding
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact reputation
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 - Creating effective PR strategies and campaigns
- How to establish your PR goals and objectives
- How to create successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- How to identify your external audiences, establish engagement and create personas
- How to use SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- How to plan your budgeting, in terms of human and other types of resources, for the best outcomes
- How to effectively evaluate to measure the success of your campaign
Day 3 - Presentation and pitching skills
- Personal image – perception and identity - developing your “unique” style and voice delivery
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding body language
- Using body language to create impact
- Use of gestures to create emphasis
- Importance of eye contact
- Voice awareness, control and pitch
- Using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Using your voice assertively
- Speaking with confidence
- Understanding your audience
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
- Building trust and rapport with your audience
- Inspirational stories to create a connection and rapport
- Correct language and style to create influence
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Establishing your presence and developing charisma
- Bringing your personality to life
- Developing a confident, focused style that creates a positive impact
- Opening and closing a presentation
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining consistent focus
- Time management
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Handling difficult and challenging questions
Day 4 - Strategic and financial analysis
- Exploring Strategic and financial analysis tools
- How to carry out competitor analysis to gain competitor advantage
- How to gain strategic insights, by applying Five forces industry analysis
- Using macroeconomic analysis (PESTEL) to manage decision making around the external environmental trends
- Using Value chain analysis as a strategy tool used to analyse internal activities and understanding which goals are the most valuable
- Utilising win/loss analysis to de-construct how companies market and sell their products and services.
Day 5 - Press release writing and media relations
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- What makes a good story?
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Understanding writing style for various publications and audiences
- Using appropriate factual tone and balance specific to press releases
- The building blocks, content and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, follow-on paragraphs, conclusive paragraph, quotes, notes to editors
- Brushing up on your grammar and writing style
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- The effective use of images and photographs
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Delivery methods to the press – distribution channels and how and which media agencies
- Make your material more attractive and grab attention
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Techniques of brand reach using digital and social media for your media campaigns
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Michaela Godrey | Communications Manager, Primark | Strategic Planning, Presentation & Media Skills (for PR Professionals) (PR10)
I really enjoyed this course, my tutor was very patient and informative and with that I learnt a lot whilst being at LSPR.