Strategic Planning, Presentation & Media Skills (for PR Professionals) (PR10)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 5 Days 10.30am – 3.30pm
Discover how to make informed decisions for your branding strategies, create communication campaigns and how to confidently pitch these ideas to stakeholders. Learn how to evaluate options for business and contribute to organisational performance.
The course provides useful frameworks needed to manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, and create strategic media communications plans.
There will be a focus on how business and financial analysis helps reduce financial and reputational risk whilst providing a greater understanding of trends and an improved return on investment.
You will be trained by leading experts in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies, whilst also developing a better presentation skill-set.
This course will ensure that you are a well equipped public relations practitioner, with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
On this course you will learn
- Building reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Getting attention for your brand – from product to brand
- Understand strategic and financial analysis tools to help the process of decision making and in setting the right goals and objectives
- Understand the value of intellectual capital in gaining band equity and competitor advantage
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Developing communications campaigns
Day 1 - Effective branding and reputation management strategies
- Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- The visual elements of the brand and how it shapes our perception
- Exploring the differences between tangible (physical) and intangible (non-physical) elements of branding
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact reputation
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 - Creating effective PR strategies and campaigns
- How to establish your PR goals and objectives
- How to create successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- How to identify your external audiences, establish engagement and create personas
- How to use SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- How to plan your budgeting, in terms of human and other types of resources, for the best outcomes
- How to effectively evaluate to measure the success of your campaign
Day 3 - Presentation and pitching skills
Understanding your audience and the fundamentals
- Body Language
- Presence in your pitch
- Impactful presentation
Day 4 - Strategic and financial analysis
- Exploring Strategic and financial analysis tools
- How to carry out competitor analysis to gain competitor advantage
- How to gain strategic insights, by applying Five forces industry analysis
- Using macroeconomic analysis (PESTEL) to manage decision making around the external environmental trends
- Using Value chain analysis as a strategy tool used to analyse internal activities and understanding which goals are the most valuable
- Utilising win/loss analysis to de-construct how companies market and sell their products and services.
Day 5 - Press release writing and media relations
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- What makes a good story?
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Understanding writing style for various publications and audiences
- Using appropriate factual tone and balance specific to press releases
- The building blocks, content and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, follow-on paragraphs, conclusive paragraph, quotes, notes to editors
- Brushing up on your grammar and writing style
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- The effective use of images and photographs
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Delivery methods to the press – distribution channels and how and which media agencies
- Make your material more attractive and grab attention
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Techniques of brand reach using digital and social media for your media campaigns
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Diploma will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Michaela Godrey | Communications Manager, Primark | Strategic Planning, Presentation & Media Skills (for PR Professionals) (PR10)
I really enjoyed this course, my tutor was very patient and informative and with that I learnt a lot whilst being at LSPR.