Strategic Management (ML05)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
This practical course will thoroughly prepare delegates on how to create and implement successful strategies, which result in giving organisations competitive advantage. The concept of a strategy as a plan that guides managerial decisions is central to the training.
The training will be supported throughout, with thought-provoking, up-todate case studies about real companies, from various industries.
The idea is that delegates explore real life examples, in understanding the scenarios, issues and concepts. This will allow them to gain realistic insights into best practice. During the course delivery, there will be an emphasis at exploring public sector organisations, to maintain relevance.
On this course you will learn
- During the training, delegates will be provided with realistic exercises and scenarios, exploring:
- Creating structure for a competitive situation, during time of change
- How to create synergy between vision and the organisational values and culture
- Use analytical reasoning to evaluate competitive scenarios
- Critically evaluate strategic issues, risk and crisis factors for an organisation
- Recognise competitive patterns among firms in the global economy
Day One - CREATING STRATEGY THAT ENHANCES VISION FOR THE FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORGANISATION
- Aligning visions, missions, culture and values of organisations
- Analyse where the organisation is at now
- Decide where the organisation wants to be, and by when
- Selecting best strategic options to get there
Day Two - UTILISING LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN DEVELOPING DECISION-MAKING STRATEGIES
- Importance of leadership in implementing successful strategies
- High-profile leadership which inspires and motivates
- Decisive, speedy and consistent decision-making
- Persistent follow-through on all decisions to produce results
Day Three - ISSUES, RISK AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT
- Identify internal and external issues and risks factors
- Evaluate potential impact and reduce impact accordingly
- Incorporate strategic flexibility to respond to internal and external changes and pressures
- Prevent issues becoming risks then turning into crises
- Create crisis plans for various situations
- Practise and be prepared to implement crisis plans
Day Four - IMPLEMENT STRATEGIES THAT HELP PREVENT FAILURE AND ALLOW FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- Hire in and retain talented and motivated people with appropriate skills and experience
- Clarify and communicate roles and responsibilities
- Introduce motivational incentives and team building
- Encourage creative problem-solving and constructive conflict resolution
- Promote unity within teams and harmony between teams
Day Five - METHODS OF ENHANCING SKILLS WITHIN YOUR TEAMS TO ENCOURAGE STRATEGIC CAPABILITIES
- Enhance open communication, including: presentations, meetings, oral, listening, body language and written skills
- Delegation to increase productivity
- Negotiation and influencing skills for a win-win situation for all
- Time management skills for minimum effort to produce maximum results
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations