Strategic Management (ML04)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Duration: 10:00am - 2:00pm BST
This 5 day practical strategic management course will thoroughly prepare delegates on how to create and implement successful strategies, which result in giving organisations competitive advantage. The concept of a strategy as a plan that guides managerial decisions is central to the training.
The training will be supported throughout, with thought-provoking, up-to-date case studies about real companies, from various industries.
The idea is that delegates explore real life examples, in understanding the scenarios, issues and concepts. This will allow them to gain realistic insights into best practice. During the course delivery, there will be an emphasis at exploring public sector organisations, to maintain relevance.
On this course you will learn
- During the training, delegates will be provided with realistic exercises and scenarios, exploring:
- Creating structure for a competitive situation, during time of change
- How to create synergy between vision and the organisational values and culture
- Use analytical reasoning to evaluate competitive scenarios
- Critically evaluate strategic issues, risk and crisis factors for an organisation
- Recognise competitive patterns among firms in the global economy
Day One - Becoming the Best Manager You Can Be
- The roles, responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Exploring management and leadership styles
- Exploring motivational approaches and theories that best work for you – what makes you perform to the best of your ability?
- Understanding how to identify your own self-development
- Practicing using tools and techniques to manage day to day work
- The role of assertive communication in getting the job done and managing others
- The practicalities of inductions, supervision and appraisals
- Practicing setting SMART objectives
Day Two - Strategies To Enhance Internal Communications and Engagement
- Enhance open communication skills, including: presentations, meetings and conferences
- Enhancing listening skills to get your message across to various audiences
- Creating influence and a good impression
- Improving positive body language, dress to impress and leadership traits
- Gravitas – appearance and confidence and executive presence
- Negotiation and influencing skills for a win-win situation for all
Day Three - Creating High Performance Teams
- Managing the team and enhancing performance within the team
- The need to vary management styles to the motivational and development needs of different individuals and situations
- How to motivate the less motivated team, as well as high performers
- The need to foster a positive team atmosphere
- The contribution of all team members with their different team styles
- Developing a motivated team and encouraging positive performance
- Identifying the causes of poor performance and conflict resolution
Day Four - Influential Personal Branding
- What is influence and impression management?
- Empathy, leadership and reputation management
- Link with executive presence and leadership
- The psychology behind influence
- Channels of influence and persuasion: speaking, writing and presenting
- Creating your individual impactful brand - what does or doesn't work for you?
- Building your confidence and credibility
- Gravitas – appearance and confidence
- How to make a confident entry
- The secrets of body language for different occasions
- Executive success
- Dress to impress
- Building your presence and reputation on social media and effective networking
Day Five - Strategies for Competitive Advantage within your teams
- Importance of leadership in implementing successful strategies
- Hire in and retain talented and motivated people with appropriate skills and experience
- High-profile leadership which inspires and motivates
- Decisive, speedy and consistent decision-making
- Identify internal and external issues and risks factors
- Incorporate strategic flexibility and change management, to respond to internal and external changes and pressures
- Prevent issues becoming risks then turning into a crises
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations