Risk and Crisis Management
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
The one day Risk and Crisis Management CPD accredited and certified course will help you gain the tools to predict issues and manage risks, with a step-by-step guide on how to handle difficult situations during a crisis. The emphasis of the course is how to prepare for the unexpected and proactively anticipate risk and effectively handle a crisis to protect the reputation of the brand.
As organisations face a growing number of global and strategic challenges, the need for responsible leadership and good governance continues to rise. As well as ensuring you are up-to-date with the latest developments in risk management, the Managing Risk and Crisis course will provide you with the skills and ability to plan for certain situations and vulnerabilities in your organisation and handle the aftermath of a crisis.
Learn to prepare for a crisis, develop a crisis plan and assemble a crisis team. Improve your understanding of risk management and understand how to prepare a risk assessment of your organisation by correctly assessing and quantifying threats. You will learn how to minimise risk by reviewing current issues, trends, and risk situations.
An organisation needs to prepare for events to avoid damaging its reputation for when the unexpected should happen. Ensure that if you are involved in risk assessment or managing your brand's reputation, you are well prepared for all eventualities.
On This Course You will Learn:
- To manage risk and minimise damage to the reputation of the brand
- To identify and develop issue management plans and analysis
- To engage and communicate difficult issues with key stakeholders
- To develop an effective media communications plan
- To understand the role of a crisis management team
- To implement the steps for a recovery strategy
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring issues and risk assessment techniques
- The consequences of not managing risk
- Planning for a crisis - following the steps
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of internal communications and leadership during a crisis
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either online, in-house or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations