Press Release Writing (WR02)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
A practical one-day course, designed to teach you how to confidently write press releases that stand out.
You will learn:
- Understanding the media
- Looking at successful and unsuccessful press releases
- Writing effective press releases that capture your audience
- Learning the fundamentals of press release writing
- Creating excellent contacts within the media
- Structuring and balancing information within a press release
- Getting the grammar right
- Print and online media
- Creating your media contact list
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- the building blocks and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, content, quotes,
- balance and tone
- Brushing up on your grammar
- How to make your press release newsworthy
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd
- The effective use of images
- Getting the timing right
- Targeting your press release to various publications
- Delivery methods to the press
- Using media agencies to deliver your press releases
- Adjusting the press release depending on who the audience are
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Practising writing press releases – set exercises covering a range of topics
- Feedback from the trainer on the set exercises
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Certificate – based on the exercises set within the training sessions.
Delivery and Assessment
During the course we will refer to a number of examples of good and not-so-good press releases. Participants will practise writing press releases and receive feedback at every stage. You can bring examples of your own, or those of your organisation, to review in class. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in size, in order that participants benefit fully from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Chanal Celine | Press Release Writing
After this training, I feel confident with my writing skills, which will most certainly be helpful as many companies ask candidates to write press releases as a part of the selection process. The staff at LSPR were lovely and welcoming, the trainer both interesting and challenging. I would definitely recommend this course!
— Laura Scigliano | LCFC, Media Relations Executive |Press Release Writing
This session was very informative, and the content was very well explained. The tutor was very clear and made the session very interesting. I now feel more confident with my press release writing.
— Georgette Olaiya | Zeal, Digital PR Executive |Press Release Writing
Great course, full of knowledge, an provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current workplace, we worked on a few future campaign releases which were very helpful.
— Alexis Darby | Marketing and Communications Manager, Construction Youth Trust |Press Release Writing
I was was blown away by how much I learnt in such a short space of time. The course was highly engaging, well-paced and relaxed with the topics kept relevant to us at all times. I can leave the course with renewed confidence in my writing skills, and with lots more tips and advice under my belt too. It was highly enjoyable experience; I could not recommend it highly enough.
— Tara Dennemy | BNY Mellon, Communications Executive |Press Release Writing
This course has boosted my confidence and understanding of press release. I would highly recommend this course.
— Abigail Kutwia | Zeal, Digital PR Executive |Press Release Writing
Very Informative and structured sessions. I really appreciated going through my previous press release work and nit picking at it. I recommend that you bring in previous work as the tutor will happily go through it.
— Tanya Verbeek | Hush, PR manager |Press Release Writing
The trainer was insightful, kept it interesting and made the sessions very engaging. I would recommend this course.
— Raisa Amros | Freelance Journalist | Press Release Writing
This course will allow me to write a successful press release and know exactly who is my reader and what he expects from me
— Annette Taylor-Anderson | Art & Design Assistant, RCNi as well as owner of ATADesigns | Press Release Writing
I thoroughly enjoyed the course, the tutor was very informative and I have learnt so much, thank you.