Improve your Presentation and Pitching Skills (PR06)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Learn effective presentation techniques which allow you to present and pitch professionally and with confidence.
With a focus on body language, delivery, confidence and communication skills, our one-day Improve your Pitching and Presentation Skills course will help you greatly improve your communication skills.
The ability to present with impact is a highly sought-after skill. With the growth of data analysis and reporting, organisations are expecting their staff to be able to confidently deliver presentations and pitches. This trend, coupled with increasing demands on time, shorter attention spans and more specialist roles means that presentation skills are critical more now than ever.
Explore the principals behind giving great presentations and learn the secrets to clear communication, audience engagement and confidence and self-belief. Throughout the training, delegates will be provided with opportunities to practice presentations and gain feedback on their presentation style.
Whether you are pitching to clients, reporting to stakeholders, summarising performance, or explaining your vision this course will provide the key skills needed to present with confidence.
On This Course You will learn:
- Managing your body language
- Developing your individual style and charisma, to build influence and rapport with audiences
- Using your voice effectively
- Building your confidence and expanding your communication skills
- Creating structure and timing
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Handling the Q & A sessions
PART I - UNDERSTANDING YOUR AUDIENCE AND THE FUNDAMENTALS
- Knowing your potential client and pitching to their needs
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
- Building trust, connection, and rapport with your audience
- Developing a confident, focused style for a positive impact
- Audience expectations – against your presentation
- Structure and narrative flow of presentation – the art of explanation
Part 2 - Body Language
- Developing your “unique” style of delivery
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding body language to create impact
- Use of gestures to create emphasis
- Importance of eye contact and voice control, pitch, tone, speed
- Techniques to calm nerves and build your confidence
Part 3 - Presence in your pitch
- Correct language and style to create influence
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Establishing your presence, bringing your personality to life, and developing charisma
- What is influence in terms of presentation skills?
Part 4 - Impactful presentation
- Opening and closing a presentation
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining a consistent focus
- Time management
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Frames and the key Gestalt of any presentation
- Your voice – the key instrument of influence
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Certificate will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Hayley Lambert | Communications Manager, Havebury Housing Partnership | Press Release Writing
I would recommend this course to anyone interested in either furthering their skills or learning new techniques catered to all backgrounds & competence.
— Renelle Nedd | Danubius Hotel, Executive Assistant |PR & Reputation Management
I really enjoyed this course and I would highly recommend it. I have picked up so much from this and one of those things is confidence to act on tasks I'm not confident with.
— Mohmoud Al Riyami | DUQM Refinery, PRS Social Media Specialist |Presenation Skills
London School of Public Relations has really made a significant impact on my copywriting and presentation skills. it combines a wealth of experts who can lead other people to succeed and shine in Public Relations.
— Iman Said | DUQM Refinery, Branding Officer |Presenation Skills
It was a pleasure to be trained in this centre. The staff were amazing, also the teachers were so motivational. I think I have lots of ideas to apply when I am back home