Planning for Event Security (RC06)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Despite years of collective experience in event planning, events are impacted by poor planning, severe weather, security threats and other 'unforeseen circumstances'. Those responsible will initially respond that the incident was unpredictable and had little precedent. Subsequent investigations (and often these are fatal incident enquiries) invariably discover that not only were the events foreseeable and predictable, but they have happened before, albeit somewhere else in the world. Given the growth of international and national major events, it is essential that those involved at all command levels have a fundamental understanding of issues related to event security, crowd safety and management.
This course will equip those charged with responsibility for events to be able to consider risks and issues around crowd management and safety plans and evaluate their effectiveness and efficacy. By doing so it will enable them to challenge irregularities and flaws in those plans and ensure standards of crowd safety management are fully integrated into operational plans. The focus of the course is on strategic and operational considerations, with a strong emphasis on crowd dynamics and management.
You will learn:
- An overall understanding of event security issues
- Creating safety strategies for event management
- How to create issues and risk assessments
- How to work successfully alongside external agencies and suppliers
- The psychology behind crowd behaviour to implement safety measures
- How to co-ordinate with security and emergency services
- How to develop plans for worse case scenarios with a proactive approach
- Introduction to event security and Management
- Strategic and operational planning for events
- Applying the principles of Risk Management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks
- Risk management for health and safety
- Partnership working by exploring the roles and responsibilities of organisers, suppliers and agencies
- Public safety and crowd management techniques
- Crowd psychology and exploring the differences between crowd management and crowd control
- Co-ordinating adequate event security, Health & Safety and securing the required permits
- The role and involvement of emergency services
- Contingency planning – creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Advanced Certificate.
During the sessions, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical exercises. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in size, in order that participants fully benefit from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Zachary Melin
Enriching in many respects, rewarding and interesting. LSPR has a very pleasant and warm atmosphere. Really nice staff and trainers. I have gained lots of new knowledge, with an excellent practical content. Especially liked the critical thinking approach. Your are fantastic LSPR!