Planning for Event Security (RC06)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The one day Planning for Event Security course is highly practical and relies on the experts leading the training, with real life examples, discussions and exercises. Despite years of collective experience in event planning, events are impacted by poor planning, severe weather, security threats and other 'unforeseen circumstances'. Those responsible will initially respond that the incident was unpredictable and had little precedent. Subsequent investigations (and often these are fatal incident enquiries) invariably discover that not only were the events foreseeable and predictable, but they have happened before, albeit somewhere else in the world.
Given the growth of international and national major events, it is essential that those involved at all command levels have a fundamental understanding of issues related to event security, crowd safety and management.
This course will equip those charged with responsibility for events to be able to consider risks and issues around crowd management and safety plans and evaluate their effectiveness and efficacy. By doing so it will enable them to challenge irregularities and flaws in those plans and ensure standards of crowd safety management are fully integrated into operational plans. The focus of the course is on strategic and operational considerations, with a strong emphasis on crowd dynamics and management.
On This Course You will learn:
- An overall understanding of event security issues
- Creating safety strategies for event management
- How to create issues and risk assessments
- How to work successfully alongside external agencies and suppliers
- The psychology behind crowd behaviour to implement safety measures
- How to co-ordinate with security and emergency services
- How to develop plans for worse case scenarios with a proactive approach
- Introduction to event security
- Strategic and operational planning for events
- Applying the principles of risk management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks
- Risk management for health and safety
- Partnership working by exploring the roles and responsibilities of organisers, suppliers and agencies
- Public safety and crowd management techniques
- Crowd psychology and exploring the differences between crowd management and crowd control
- Co-ordinating adequate event security, Health & Safety and securing the required permits
- The role and involvement of emergency services
- Contingency planning – creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
The Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Certificate: Planning for Event Security. The Certificate is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Zachary Melin
Enriching in many respects, rewarding and interesting. LSPR has a very pleasant and warm atmosphere. Really nice staff and trainers. I have gained lots of new knowledge, with an excellent practical content. Especially liked the critical thinking approach. Your are fantastic LSPR!