Planning for Event Security
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
The one day certified Planning for Event Security certificated course is highly practical and relies on experts leading the training, with real-life examples, discussions, and exercises to ascertain internal and external issues that may impact an event. The focus of the course is on strategic and operational event planning considerations, and security measures, The training has a strong emphasis on crowd dynamics and risk management. The training will help you develop the strategic skills necessary to consider risks and issues during large, medium, and small-scale events.
Learn the fundamentals of crowd management, examine implementable safety plans, evaluate their effectiveness, and the methods used to ensure safety measures are in place, whilst working alongside external agencies.
Events are impacted by poor planning, severe weather, security threats, and other 'unforeseen circumstances. Subsequent investigations invariably discover that not only were the events foreseeable and predictable, but they have happened before. The training will help you manage events and be proactive in anticipating issues and managing risk.
On This Course You will learn:
- To gain an understanding of event security issues
- To create safety strategies for event management
- To implement issues and risk assessments
- To work successfully alongside external agencies and suppliers
- To understand the psychology behind crowd behaviour in order to implement safety measures
- To coordinate with security and emergency services
- To develop plans for worse case scenarios with a proactive approach
- Introduction to event security
- Strategic and operational planning for events
- Applying the principles of risk management to event planning
- Assessing the event risks
- Risk management for health and safety
- Partnership working by exploring the roles and responsibilities of organisers, suppliers and agencies
- Public safety and crowd management techniques
- Crowd psychology and exploring the differences between crowd management and crowd control
- Co-ordinating adequate event security, Health & Safety and securing the required permits
- The role and involvement of emergency services
- Contingency planning – creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either online, in-house or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Zachary Melin
Enriching in many respects, rewarding and interesting. LSPR has a very pleasant and warm atmosphere. Really nice staff and trainers. I have gained lots of new knowledge, with an excellent practical content. Especially liked the critical thinking approach. Your are fantastic LSPR!
— Jenny Dewsnap | Events Manager | Planning for Event Security
Great Session, a must for event planners no matter how long you've been in the job. there is so much to learn, so many new considerations. This session is a must.