Payroll and Salaries Administration Management (FA03)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Award: Advanced Certificate
Duration: 2 Days 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
The 2-day advanced certificate Payrolls and Salaries Administration Management course will focus on payroll management and how to efficiently administer salaries. The London based training professional development course naturally focuses on the UK-systems without getting too entrenched in the legal tax and national insurance issues of the country. The training approach adopted is to take a broader look at common issues that would face any organisation administrating salaries and payroll, adding, removing employees and ensuring that accurate information is provided in terms of inputs to technical systems.
The course is suitable for those who work in payroll management and support HR staff duties. Our payrolls and salaries experts will focus on the primary purpose of this highly practical course, is to highlight the risks and issues that are common to most global payroll systems, irrespective of differences in tax systems. The London based course also places considerable emphasis on the integration of payroll management with HR systems.
The digital and online platform that is most likely to be refereed to is Sage; although some others will be explored during the course.
On this course you will learn:
- Implementation of a modern payroll system
- Exploring the legal issues associated to payroll
- Identifying risk-related issues associated to technology
- Integrating the HR function with managing payroll systems
- Linking payroll with contractual and legal obligations
- Understanding the various statuses of staff
- Digital management of payroll
- Identifying issues associated to outsourcing payroll
- Understanding how to make calculations in terms of gross and net pay
- Identifying issues associated to digital calculations
- Calculating holiday pay, sickness and special circumstances
- Calculating voluntary and statutory deductions
- Managing record keeping and reporting systems
- Adding in new employees to the system and termination processes
- How to correct payroll errors
- How to maintain accurate records for verifying transactions
- How to create reporting systems for: auditing and compliance
- Purpose of a modern payroll systems
- How does the size and nature of the business impact how payroll management is administered?
- How to set up a payroll management system: comparison of common software for management
- Digital management of payroll
- Real time information payroll (RTI)
- The risks associated to outsourcing of payroll
- Identifying technology issues: fraud, criminal acts and cyber attacks
- The importance of clear and accurate communications when collecting information
- Integration of HR and payroll management
- Common issues that occur in payroll management and links with employee contracts
- Payroll and HR: contracts, timing and the employee handbook
- Starting and adding new employees onto the system
- Information needed on new employees
- Status of an employee: employed or self-employed?
- Managing and taking off a staff member who has left the organisation
- Termination of payments of staff who have left employment
- Calculations and payroll
- What is the difference between gross and net pay?
- Issues with automated calculations
- Identifying the deductions to make, in terms of country or regional tax
- The complex issue of holiday pay, sickness and special circumstances
- Generating pay slips?
- Voluntary and statutory deductions
- Benefits in kind (BIK): company car, fuel, health insurance, etc.
- What is statutory pay? How does an employee qualify for this?
- Exceptions to statutory pay
- Correcting payroll errors
- Record keeping: reconciliation and accuracy; verifying transactions
- Annual reporting
- Compliance with tax and government laws
- Auditing processes
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Noor Alzayer | Event management Supervisor, Saudi Telecom Company (STC) | Crisis Communications
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."
Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | PR & Media Director, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
I would like to thank you very much for helping me to improve my skills in the field of media and Public Relations.
Sakshi Kohli | India Today Group
LSPR provided a unique method of learning. Being able to break down real life scenarios and crisis and look at the crisis management cycles.
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."