Managing and Planning your Cyber Security Risks
Duration: 3 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 3 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
The Managing and Planning your Cyber Security Risks three-day training course will focus on how this security issue has become one of the most pressing concerns facing organisations, governments and national security. Cyber-attacks and malware infections are increasing, both in their number and capacity to inflict serious operational damage. The UK Government’s National Security Strategy ranked cybersecurity as a tier-one national security priority and risk. During the training, we will be evaluating how your organisation approaches cybersecurity. We will also explore best practice, risk assessment and creating a plan for cybersecurity issues.
This course has been designed for leaders: directors, managers and consultants, who seek the knowledge that will help them develop a tailored cybersecurity plan for their organisation or improve an existing one. It goes beyond the technical solutions and presents cybersecurity as a strategic risk management challenge, with an impact at technical, organisational and governance levels
Digital developments present huge opportunities to organisations, but this also brings new risk and threats. As your business becomes increasingly dependent on online technology, it is exposed to cybersecurity threats that can be hugely disruptive and damaging to operations. This relevant and current course will provide you with the tools and techniques to plan for the risk of cybersecurity threats, and help you prepare a team equipped to respond to a threat. Threats emanate from a wide range of sources, including foreign governments, organised activists, individual hackers and those engaged in industrial espionage. Cybersecurity is now a multiple billion-dollar global business, fundamental to which is the need for business to be continually aware of new threats and anticipate negative outcomes and externalities. LSPR’s practical course will highlight the importance of cybersecurity to those organisations who may not have previously considered this complex issue in detail and ensure that they protect their data and wealth-creating intangible assets
On This Course You will learn:
- Gain an overview of the importance of cybersecurity and understand cybersecurity in terms of national security: regulation, control and policy
- Identify cyber threats and risks for your organisation (including ransomware and phishing attacks), assess their risk levels, and determine how to mitigate these risks to acceptable levels
- Develop strategies and plans to build a cyber-resilient organisation
- Lead and manage the cybersecurity initiative within your organisation by developing solutions, including the design and implementation of cybersecurity action plans.
- Deal with cybersecurity risks and crises at a strategic level
Day 1 - The Fundamentals of cybersecurity and national security
- Overview of course, objectives and what attendees can expect
- Understand cybersecurity in terms of national security: regulation, control and policy
- Protecting information & controlling access: 4As – authentication, authorisation, administration and audit
- Cybersecurity in terms of national security: policy, procedures and the DARKNET
- Incidence response, incident categories and response
- Business continuity/disaster recovery
- Security event correlation tools
- Knowledge of types of digital forensics data and knowledge of basic concepts and practices of processing digital forensic data
Day 2 - Identifying the cyber risks and threats to organisations and dealing with crises at a strategic level
- Understanding the motives of the hackers and the stages of a hacking attack, including, footprinting, social engineering, port scanning, and network penetration and data theft, as well as how networks are penetrated
- Implementing malware and firewalls
- Planning for Data theft
- Implementing: Intrusion Detection Systems, Security incident and event management (SIEM) systems, automated security monitoring and alert orchestration systems,
- Spam filters/Anti-Phishing, strong passwords/two-factor authentication, encryption of sensitive data and security software for smartphones
Day 3 - Lead on developing a cybersecurity initiative and plan within your organisation
- Developing a cybersecurity plan: framework and intelligence
- Understanding cybersecurity in terms of an overall organisational strategy
- Protection tools and implementation of leadership solutions to cybersecurity
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either online, in-house or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations