Managing and Planning your Cyber Security Risks (RC03)
Duration: 3 Days 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
The Managing and Planning your Cyber Security Risks three day training course will focus on how this security issue has become one of the most pressing concerns facing organisations, governments and national security. Cyber-attacks and malware infections are increasing, both in their number and capacity to inflict serious operational damage. The UK Government’s National Security Strategy ranked cyber security as a tier-one national security priority and risk. During the training, we will be evaluating how your organisation approaches cyber security. We will also explore best practice, risk assessment and creating a plan for cyber security issues.
This course has been designed for leaders: directors, managers and consultants, who seek the knowledge that will help them develop a tailored cyber security plan for their organisation or improve an existing one. It goes beyond the technical solutions and presents cyber security as a strategic risk management challenge, with an impact at technical, organisational and governance levels
Digital developments present huge opportunities to organisations,, but this also brings new risk and threats. As your business becomes increasingly dependent on online technology, it is exposed to cyber security threats which can be hugely disruptive and damaging to operations. This relevant and current course will provide you with the tools and techniques to plan for the risk of cyber security threats, and help you prepare a team equipped to respond to a threat. Threats emanate from a wide range of sources, including foreign governments, organised activists, individual hackers and those engaged in industrial espionage. Cyber security is now a multiple billion-dollar global business, fundamental to which is the need for business to be continually aware of new threats and anticipate negative outcomes and externalities. LSPR’s practical course will highlight the importance of cyber security to those organisations who may not have previously considered this complex issue in detail and ensure that they protect their data and wealth creating intangible assets
On This Course You will learn:
- Gain an overview of the importance of cyber security and understand cyber security in terms of national security: regulation, control and policy
- Identify cyber threats and risks for your organisation (including ransomware and phishing attacks), assess their risk levels, and determine how to mitigate these risks to acceptable levels
- Develop strategies and plans to build a cyber-resilient organisation
- Lead and manage the cybersecurity initiative within your organisation by developing solutions, including the design and implementation of cyber security action plans.
- Deal with cybersecurity risks and crises at a strategic level
Day 1 - The Fundamentals of cyber security and national security
- Overview of course, objectives and what attendees can expect
- Understand cyber security in terms of national security: regulation, control and policy
- Protecting information & controlling access: 4As – authentication, authorisation, administration and audit
- Cyber security in terms of national security: policy, procedures and the DARKNET
- Incidence response, incident categories and response
- Business continuity/disaster recovery
- Security event correlation tools
- Knowledge of types of digital forensics data and knowledge of basic concepts and practices of processing digital forensic data
Day 2 - Identifying the cyber risks and threats to organisations and dealing with crises at a strategic level
- Understanding the motives of the hackers and the stages of a hacking attack, including, foot printing, social engineering, port scanning, and network penetration and data theft, as well as how networks are penetrated
- Implementing malware and firewalls
- Planning for Data theft
- Implementing: Intrusion Detection Systems, Security incident and event management (SIEM) systems, automated security monitoring and alert orchestration systems,
- Spam filters/Anti-Phishing, strong passwords/two-factor authentication, encryption of sensitive data and security software for smartphones
Day 3 - Lead on developing a cyber security initiative and plan within your organisation
- Developing a cyber security plan: framework and intelligence
- Understanding cyber security in terms of an overall organisational strategy
- Protection tools and implementation of leadership solutions to cybersecurity
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma.
During the sessions, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical exercises. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in size, in order that participants fully benefit from a consultative approach.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations