Managing Your Crisis Communications (RC04)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The one-day course will allow delegates to start exploring how to prepare for risk and handle crisis. We will explore both unexpected and slow onset crises caused by internal and external issues. You will learn about the different types of methods for determining risk to use as a basis for crisis management plans. Delegates will learn about the key elements of crisis management, how to formulate a crisis management plan and how to relate the plan to both internal and external communications plans. There is an emphasis on how to manage internal and external communications during a crisis. Throughout the training, there is an emphasis on practical leaning, including how and when to put a crisis management plan into action.
Anyone involved in managing risk and protecting reputation of brands, will encounter risk and crisis situations. The course offers a practical approach of delivery, designed to give delegates real-life skills and capabilities that are immediately transferable to their own work-place environment.
You will learn:
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk assessment techniques
- Understanding the process of issues management
- The consequences of not managing risk
- The benefits of early intervention by implementing proactive measures
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Explain the key features of effective Incident and crisis management plans
- Identify when Incident and crisis management plans should be used and when to stand down
- Demonstrate use of crisis management plans to deal with a disaster
- Creating robust crisis plans
- Using the crisis management plan to drive internal communication
- Planning for effective external communications
- Successful crisis communications through the media
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development – based on the exercises set within the training sessions.
Delivery and Assessment
During the session, alongside presentations, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical exercises. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in number, in order that participants benefit fully from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Emma Symineton | Corporate Communications, Group Communications, Amadeus IT Group S.A.
My colleagues had recommended LSPR to me. My experience at LSPR was great! The small group interactions and one to one attention given meant that delivery was tailored to my needs. It meant that I was able to dive into the great case studies given to me as good practice examples. This helped me tremendously even after the course. A great balance between informed content and practical examples. John Dalton was a fantastic trainer and was able to keep the course interesting and lively. Thank you and I look forward to returning!