Managing Risk and Crisis (RC05)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The one-day Managing Risk and Crisis professional development certificated course gives you the tools to predict issues and manage risks, with a step-by-step guide on how to handle difficult situations during a crisis. The course will be led and delivered in a practical and hands on way, by leading risk and crisis professionals. The emphasis of the course is how to prepare for the unexpected.
As well as ensuring you are up-to-date with the latest developments in risk management, the Managing Risk and Crisis course will provide you with the skills and ability to plan for certain situations and vulnerabilities in your organisation and handle the aftermath of a crisis. There is a focus on improving your understanding of risk management and understanding of how to prepare a risk assessment of your organisation, by correctly assessing and quantifying threat. You will learn how to minimise risk by reviewing current issues, trends and risk situations.
It is important for an organisation to prepare for events to avoid damaging their reputation for when the unexpected should happen and ensuring that if you are involved in risk assessment in any way, or in managing your brand's reputation, you will be well prepared. The training also prepares you for a crisis, developing a crisis plan, assembling a crisis team and putting it all into action.
On This Course You will learn:
- Risk management as crucial to businesses
- Managing risk exposure and reputation
- Linking business continuity management, risk and issue management
- UK and global standards of risk management
- Identifying and developing issue management plans
- Engaging and communicating difficult issues with key stakeholders
- Role of social media in risk and issue management
- Developing an effective media communications plan
- Developing a crisis management team and crisis communications
- Recovery strategy
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk assessment techniques
- The process of issues management
- The consequences of not managing risk
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Planning for a crisis
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Crisis management - responding to a crisis - the steps
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of leadership during a crisis
- The importance of internal communications during a crisis
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Managing the media during a crisis - Media and crisis communications during the acute phase of a crisis
- Pre-prepared holding and media communications statements
- Reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
The Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Certificate: Managing Risk and Crisis. The Certificate is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations