Managing Media Handling & Press Campaigns (PR12)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
This practical one-day Media Planning, Press Release Writing and Media Campaigns certificated course is open to all who want to improve their media planning and press release writing skills no matter what the role in your organisation: whether in a start-up, a marketing professional, PR manager, press officer, journalists, or an inhouse communications professional. Improve your media writing skills and be confident in what you deliver to press contacts and outlets releases that are on target for your media campaigns.
The course is designed to train you on how to confidently engage with the media, write press releases that stand out and plan your media campaign. During the course, we will look at the various types of media, building your media contacts and how to make your story newsworthy. Before you write and issue a media or press release, we will explore the content of the “story” to find the true value for the journalist. If the journalist does not consider it newsworthy and engaging, it will not get coverage. We will look at the human-interest angle that helps grab attention and interest. Once the value of the story has been established, we will look at the structure of a press release by asking some questions related to: who, what why, when and how?
Our leading PR experts, will train you on how the media release works alongside your other media campaigns and activities.
On this course you will learn:
- Understanding the media and building contact lists
- Creating excellent contacts within the media
- Learning the fundamentals of press release writing
- Getting the heading right
- Writing effective press releases that capture your audience
- Structuring and balancing information within a press release
- Getting the structure, grammar, style and tone right
- Looking at successful and unsuccessful press releases
- Distributing your press release and media agencies
- How to develop a successful media strategy
- How to make social media work for your media campaigns
- How to frame your branding messages within your media communications
The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- What makes a good story?
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Understanding writing style for various publications and audiences
- Using appropriate factual tone and balance specific to press releases
- The building blocks, content and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, follow-on paragraphs, conclusive paragraph, quotes, notes to editors
- Brushing up on your grammar and writing style
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- The effective use of images and photographs
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Delivery methods to the press – distribution channels and how and which media agencies
- Make your material more attractive and grab attention
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Techniques of brand reach using digital and social media for your media campaigns
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."