Managing Crisis Media Communications
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
The practical 1 day certified Managing your Crisis Media Handling certified course will help deliver practical solutions so that you and your organisation can manage a crisis situation under the glare of the media and stay calm under pressure. The training covers how to develop and deliver holding statements, handle impromptu interviews, organise effective press conferences and deal with media requests. It also helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis interviews.
When a crisis strikes, the way that you communicate with the media is often critical to emerging with an intact reputation. It is critical that you, or the spokesperson that you support, can become a powerful advocate for your organisation when carrying out any type of media interview, proactive or reactive
The highly practical Managing your Crisis Media Handling course gives you all the key lessons of media training, and the opportunity to practice those techniques on camera. The course is delivered by award-winning journalists who are trained professionals in reputational matters, crisis PR, and media interview techniques.
By the end of the course, delegates will be confident in handling media interview techniques and gain the communication skills and confidence to remain compassionate, authoritative, and in control.
On This Course You Will Learn:
- How to be prepared for different types of media interviews relating to risks and crisis
- Improving your confidence in readiness for an interview
Preparing the right tone and body language
- Handling questions with authority and impact
- Be prepared to be composed under pressure
- How to be prepared for unexpected and difficult questions
- Staying on focus with your messaging
- Media handling during a crisis using the best practice in media interviews
- Different types of media interviews, including media briefings and press conferences
- Preparing crisis messages – being proactive and not reactive
- Giving interviews under pressure and dealing with difficult and tricky questions
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Communicating in a rapidly developing situation before the full facts are known
- Body language, tone of voice, and appearance
- Role-play using crisis media interviews, individual coaching and feedback
This course is also available as a one-to-one to CEOs and senior executives
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either online, in-house or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations