Managing your Crisis Media Handling (RC01)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
The course is highly interactive and practical in content and delivery. Delegates will be given the opportunity to practice out handling media interview techniques
The Crisis Media Handling course will be delivered by award-winning journalists who are also trained professionals in reputational matters, crisis PR and media interview techniques. They will provide expert guidance, practical solutions and presentation skills so that organisations manage crisis situations under the glare of the media and stay calm under pressure.
This highly practical course gives you all the key lessons of media training, and the opportunity to practice those techniques on camera in a range of set-up interviews, whether they be risk issues or crisis interviews.
It enables you, or the spokespeople you support, to become powerful advocates for your organisation when carrying out any type of media interview, proactive or reactive. It also helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis interviews.
On This Course You will learn:
- How to be prepared for different types of media interviews relating to risks and crisis
- How to handle print and broadcast interviews
- How to be prepared for unexpected and difficult questions
- Dealing with aggressive or hostile interviews
- Be prepared to be composed under pressure
- Handling questions with authority and impact
- Satisfy an interviewer by staying on focus with your messaging
- How to Anticipate changing situations
- Improving your confidence during an interview
- Preparing the right tone and body language
- Using the best practice in crisis media interviews
- Preparing crisis messages – being proactive and not reactive
- Media handling during a crisis
- Different types of media interviews, including media briefings and press conferences
- Face-to-face interviews for radio and to camera
- Giving interviews under pressure
- Dealing with difficult and tricky questions
- Framing and staying on message during an interview
- Maintaining your organisation’s position
- Communicating in a rapidly developing situation before the full facts are known
- Body language, tone of voice and appearance
- Preparing for interviews for live broadcast and recorded programmes
- Role-play using crisis media interviews, individual coaching and feedback
This course is also available as a one-to-one to CEOs and senior executives
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either online, in-house or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations