Leadership in Public Relations
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
On the 5-day certificated Diploma Leadership in PR course, we will help you learn the essential skills required to be an effective leader specifically for PR professionals working within a communications-related role. The training will train you in the essential skills required to be successful in managing your PR-related tasks and managing and leading your team to achieve the best results for you and your clients. Effective leaders in public relations are able to plan and respond to rapidly evolving environments. This course will enable you to anticipate how clients’ needs will evolve, and strategise accordingly every step of the way.
The training will help you gain a full understanding of how reputation is the primary strategic route to success for businesses. Understand how you, as a leader, can build trust within a brand and develop a strong reputation and image for you and your clients.
Learn how to create a cohesive corporate identity, predict and reduce risk and create a crisis plan and risk management strategy. Discover how to implement CSR strategies that are sustainable and create strategic media communications plans to engage effectively with your target market and stakeholders.
Discover the components of a public affairs and government relations strategy, how to identify objectives and goals, and how to measure success.
On this course you will learn
- Develop your leadership skills to lead effective teams
- Understand the principles of public affairs to manage engagement communication strategies with external stakeholders
- Develop your understanding of CSR, sustainability, and becoming a purposeful business or advising clients on how to develop their CSR strategies
- Know how to manage reputation, anticipate risk and deal with a crisis
- Handle media relations and develop successful communications campaigns
Day One - Leadership in Public Relations
- Understanding the importance of leadership
- Inspire your team and confidence in your team to make things happen
- Building morale and motivation in your team
- Building work environments and cultures that enhance productivity and cohesion
- How to build coalitions. find key influencers, the experts, people who have the resources,
- How to recognise, reward and celebrate the accomplishments of your team
Day Two - Public Affairs and PR
- Understanding the principles of public affairs and government relations
- Stakeholder analysis and management in public affairs
- Understanding and mapping your public affairs and political landscapes
- Using influence and persuasion to drive your messaging and positioning
- Utilising communication channels and PR tools and tactics for lobbying
- Building relationships with journalists to secure press coverage for your public affairs initiatives
Day Three - Developing a Sustainable CSR Strategy
- Current perspectives of CSR and sustainability
- How CSR strategies are changing and evolving
- Ensuring CSR helps build brand equity and enhance trust and values
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Communicate CSR ideas and programmes - external communications strategies
Day Four - Reputation Management and Risk and Crisis Management
- The process and benefits of risk management
- The process of issues analysis
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Planning for a crisis - the steps of responding to a crisis
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of leadership during a crisis
- The importance of internal communications during a crisis
Day Five - Managing Media Handling and Press Campaigns
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Building your relationship with journalists
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases
- Using appropriate factual tone and balance specific to press releases
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Techniques of brand reach using digital and social media for your media campaigns
- Framing and re-framing messages to position your brand effectively
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Diploma will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations