Leadership and Presenting Skills (PR08)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Award: Advanced Certificate
Duration: 2 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
This professional development training programme in Leadership and Presenting Skills is designed for senior managers and those in leadership or executive roles, who need to present ideas to a variety of stakeholders and audiences. The course fuses leadership skill development with presentation skills, in recognition of the highly interdependent nature of these competencies.
The focus is on explaining what elements and conditions are required to deliver a high impact presentation. We will explore what strengths and weaknesses individual presenters need to achieve this. There is an emphasis on evidence-based scientific approaches, and insights from evolutionary psychology. This will enable participants to get an understanding of why so many people fail to captivate their audience through poor delivery and body language. These signal lack of confidence, credibility and failure to connect with an audience.
The course is based on a central theme - excellent content in its own right will not win the day unless it is equally well delivered and structured. Presenting well is a leadership skill that all senior executives must become comfortable with and be good at.
During the training, participants are asked to present, with the trainer acting as a “critical friend” on areas that need improvement or modifying. The course is dynamic and practical. It challenges participants to re-think their approaches to persuasion and influencing others, especially when conveying technical or complex material. The nature of leadership and executive presence is central to the course, in terms of perception and impression management. You will be trained in how to signal strong credibility and executive presence.
At LSPR we have trained leadership and presentation skills to numerous executives, diplomats, senior managers, heads from NGOs, and inter-governmental organisations. We have over 27 years’ experience of training in presentation and leadership skills.
On this course you will learn
- Impression and influence management and leadership
- Creating a positive impression
- Converting influence skills into valuable personal brand equity
- Engaging successfully with anyone and giving a positive impression
- Critical insights from science about influence management
- How to relax all around you and generate charisma and confidence
- Effective body language and confidence techniques
- Developing your personal brand and style
- How to stand out from all those around you and leave a lasting, credible impression
- Managing your body language
- Developing your individual style and charisma, to build influence and rapport with audiences
- Using your voice effectively
- Building your confidence and expanding your communication skills
- Creating structure and timing
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Handling the Q & A sessions
Day One - Leadership Strategies for Effective Managers
- How managers can become leaders
- Understanding the importance of leadership
- Providing guidance to your team
- Creating confidence in your team
- Building morale and motivation in your team
- Building work environment
- The pragmatic strategy for you as a manager to be a leader
- How to create a network of contacts, people who can act as listening posts internally and externally
- Looking at organisational problems from a different perspective.
- How to build coalitions. find key influencers, the experts, people who have the resources,
- knowledge, and the power to make things happen.
- How to recognise, reward and celebrate the accomplishments of your team, as well as groups elsewhere in the organisation.
- How to focus on the outcome rather than process in each case
- Turning decisions into reality and taking responsibility for the decisions
Day Two - Advanced Presenting Skills
Presenting, influence, persuasion and executive presence
- Personal image – perception and identity - developing your “unique” style and voice delivery
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding & using body language to create impact
- Importance of eye contact
- Voice awareness, control and pitch & using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Speaking with confidence
- Understanding your audience
- Building trust and rapport with your audience
- Inspirational stories to create a connection and rapport
- Correct language and style to create influence
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Establishing your presence and developing charisma
- Bringing your personality to life
- Developing a confident, focused style that creates a positive impact
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining consistent focus
- Time management
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Handling difficult and challenging questions
- What should be on a slide?
- Why less is really more
- Data issues
- Opening and closing a presentation
- Take outs
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
Ted Talks and great speeches
- What makes a good Ted Talk?
- Examples of good Ted Talks and why they were successful
- How to start a speech
- What are the typical elements of a good speech
- Rhetoric devices that can be applied
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations