Leadership and Presenting Skills (PR08)
Duration: 2 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Duration: 2 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Explore what elements and conditions are required to deliver high impact presentations as a leader.
The course fuses leadership skill development with presentation skills, in recognition of the highly interdependent nature of these competencies.
Good presentations make employees enthusiastic about their organisation. Powerful presenters motivate and inspire teams. If a leader cannot communicate compellingly, then there is a risk of that organisation failing.
Presenting well is a leadership skill that all senior executives must become comfortable with and excel at.
Discover evidence-based scientific approaches and insights from evolutionary psychology to understand why so many people fail to captivate their audience through poor delivery and body language.
During the training, participants are coached in presentation methods, with the trainer acting as a “critical friend”, exposing areas that need improvement or modifying.
The course is dynamic and practical. It challenges participants to re-think their approaches to persuasion and influencing others, especially when conveying technical or complex material.
Communication is a skill that you can learn. It is something that we can all accomplish. Committing to the development of your leadership and presenting skills is one of the most valuable investments you can make.
On this course you will learn
- Impression and influence management and leadership
- Creating a positive impression
- Converting influence skills into valuable personal brand equity
- Engaging successfully with anyone and giving a positive impression
- Critical insights from science about influence management
- How to relax all around you and generate charisma and confidence
- Effective body language and confidence techniques
- Developing your personal brand and style
- How to stand out from all those around you and leave a lasting, credible impression
- Managing your body language
- Developing your individual style and charisma, to build influence and rapport with audiences
- Using your voice effectively
- Building your confidence and expanding your communication skills
- Creating structure and timing
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Handling the Q & A sessions
Day One - Leadership Strategies for Effective Managers
- How managers can become leaders
- Understanding the importance of leadership
- Providing guidance to your team
- Creating confidence in your team
- Building morale and motivation in your team
- Building work environment
- The pragmatic strategy for you as a manager to be a leader
- How to create a network of contacts, people who can act as listening posts internally and externally
- Looking at organisational problems from a different perspective.
- How to build coalitions. find key influencers, the experts, people who have the resources,
- knowledge, and the power to make things happen.
- How to recognise, reward and celebrate the accomplishments of your team, as well as groups elsewhere in the organisation.
- How to focus on the outcome rather than process in each case
- Turning decisions into reality and taking responsibility for the decisions
Day Two - Advanced Presenting Skills
Presenting, influence, persuasion and executive presence
- Personal image – perception and identity - developing your “unique” style and voice delivery
- Creating a strong and positive first impression
- Understanding & using body language to create impact
- Importance of eye contact
- Voice awareness, control and pitch & using your voice to create impact and emphasis
- Speaking with confidence
- Understanding your audience
- Building trust and rapport with your audience
- Inspirational stories to create a connection and rapport
- Correct language and style to create influence
- Listening and applying emotional intelligence
- Establishing your presence and developing charisma
- Bringing your personality to life
- Developing a confident, focused style that creates a positive impact
- Getting your key points made within the first few seconds of opening
- Keeping to message and maintaining consistent focus
- Time management
- Anticipating questions and preparing answers
- Handling difficult and challenging questions
- What should be on a slide?
- Why less is really more
- Data issues
- Opening and closing a presentation
- Take outs
- Modifying your style of presentation to the type of audience
Ted Talks and great speeches
- What makes a good Ted Talk?
- Examples of good Ted Talks and why they were successful
- How to start a speech
- What are the typical elements of a good speech
- Rhetoric devices that can be applied
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Advanced Certificate. The Advanced Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Advanced Certificate will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations