Human Resource Management for Managers (ML07)
Duration: 2 Days 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
The 2 day certificated professional development course Human Resource Management, will focus on the core specialist skills required to be an effective manager in your role within human resource management. The course will open up discussion and understanding of HR processes and their relationship with organisational performance and culture. You will acquire the specialist knowledge and skills needed to succeed as a professional in the field of HR management and training.
The training will explore the HR function at strategic and operational levels. We will delve into understanding of the fundamentals of the HR functions and policies. These will include: the overall responsibility for recruitment, selection, appraisal, staff development and training, internal communications, employee relations, performance management, understanding and implementing employment legislation and welfare. This course is essential to managers involved in the HR function and need to be updated on the latest policies and best practices. The course is very hands on and consultative in its delivery.
There will be several practical exercises set out to gain as a real an experience as possible, in dealing with various managerial HR techniques.
On this course you will learn:
- The essentials of human resource management
- The latest in HR policies
- Compliance and HR: employment laws and legislation
- HR at strategic and operational levels within organisations
- HR at operational levels within organisations
- HR and legislation
- Internal communications and employee engagement
- Management and employee relationships
- Good practices in the recruitment and selection of new employees
- Effective interview techniques
- Effective appraisal and feedback systems
- Putting in place learning and development systems
- Creating cohesive and high performing teams
The fundamentals of the human resource management functions and policies
- The essential role that HR have within organisations
- Current HR policies and principles
- Concepts of HR compliance
- The latest on employment law and legislation
- Ensuring policies match up with the organisational culture
- Creating strategic HR plans that are flexible and adaptable to change
The principles of operational HR planning, recruitment, training and team performance
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Enhancing employee and management relations
- The process of recruitment and selection and recruitment of new employees
- Practical interviewing of new staff techniques
- Setting in place effective appraisal and feedback systems
- The process of implementing training and development policies
- Coaching employees to reach high performing teams
- Positive team-building and cohesive working relationships
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Sakshi Kohli | India Today Group
LSPR provided a unique method of learning. Being able to break down real life scenarios and crisis and look at the crisis management cycles.
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."
Noor Alzayer | Event management Supervisor, Saudi Telecom Company (STC) | Crisis Communications
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."
Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | PR & Media Director, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
I would like to thank you very much for helping me to improve my skills in the field of media and Public Relations.
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."