Hospital Healthcare Management
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 5 Day 10:30am - 3:30pm
The 5-day certified Diploma in Hospital Healthcare Management is suitable for anyone looking to enhance their management and HR skills within the healthcare sector. The training will help you develop a wide range of transferable skills, from enhancing your leadership and HR skills to financial control and budgeting, as well as risk, crisis, and reputation management. The course ensures you gain an understanding of the challenges faced by healthcare professionals, whilst also acquiring vital management skills that will equip you to progress your career to the next level.
The training will help you gain an insight into the complexities of the healthcare labour market, including workforce planning and forecasting, workforce shortages.
You will also explore important concepts including recruitment and retention of staff, policymaking, and ethics in the worlds of health and healthcare management.
The course is suitable for anyone considering starting a career in healthcare or is already in a management position in your existing healthcare career this course prepares you to take on senior-level responsibilities across the healthcare sector.
On this course you will learn
- Challenges faced in a modern hospital environment
- Social and environmental determinants of health
- Decision-making and policy development in a hospital
- HR Issues
- Resource allocation & HR & Hospital Management
Exploring the Challenges Impacting the Healthcare Sector
- Exploring the challenges the healthcare sector faces
- Social and environmental factors impacting the health sector
- Exploring each attendees background and challenges they face
- The impact of innovation and digital transformation on the health sector
Effective Management and Leadership within Hospitals
· Management and leadership in hospitals
- Managing professionals and team performance
- Competence management, appraisals, and KPIs
- Decision making and making difficult decisions
- The importance of effective internal communications
- Leading through change and change management
The Importance of HR Policies and Systems
- Challenges for HR strategies inside modern hospitals
- Having an appropriate HR strategy
- Understanding staffing, planning and resource allocation
- Recruitment of new staff and retention of talented and highly skilled workforce
- Pay scales and performance monitoring
- Promotion and reward management
- Discipline and sanctions
Financial Considerations and Managing Budgets
- An economic evaluation of cost-effectiveness for hospitals
- Healthcare financing systems and how they can be utilised to realise true universal health coverage
- Budgets and planning
- Factors affecting allocative efficiency and departmental needs
- Inventory and security
Risk, Crisis Management and Media Relations
- Having appropriate risk management procedures
- Internal and external risk factors
- Issue management, issue analysis, and monitoring
- Risk register and risk committees
- Enforcement of risk issues
- Medical ethics and risk management
- Pre-crisis planning
- Acute management of crisis and establishing a crisis team and spokespersons
- Media management
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations