The personal data we hold
You may find it helpful to refer to the ICO’s definitions of ‘personal data’ and ‘special categories of personal data’ based on the General Data Protection Regulation.
We hold some personal information about you to make sure we can help you develop your skills and career look after you are training with LSPR.
For the same reasons, we get information about you from some other places too –for example your employer and other agencies:
This information includes:
- Your contact details
- Emergency contact details
- Your employment background
- Why we use this data
- We use this data to help run the administrative tasks of LSPR including to:
- Get in touch with you check on your training and development
- Look after your wellbeing whilst you are with us
- Inform you for future training events and seminars
- Provide you with course confirmations and bookings
Our legal basis for using this data
You may wish to refer to the ICO’s guidance on the lawful basis for processing.
We will only collect and use your information when the law allows us to. Most often, we will use your information where:
- We need to comply with the law
- We need to use it to carry out a task in the public interest (in order to provide you with training and skills development)
- Sometimes, we may also use your personal information where:
- You, or your employer have given us permission to use it in a certain way
- We need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interest)
Where we have got permission to use your data, you or your employer, or person/s who authorised your training may withdraw this at any time. We will make this clear when we ask for permission, and explain how to go about withdrawing consent.
Some of the reasons listed above for collecting and using your information overlap, and there may be several grounds which mean we can use your data.
Collecting this information
While in most cases you, or your employer or person who authorised your training, must provide the personal information we need to collect, there are some occasions when you can choose whether or not to provide the data.
We will always tell you if it’s optional. If you must provide the data, we will explain what might happen if you don’t.
How we store this data
We will keep personal information about you while you are a delegate at LSPR. We may also keep it after you have completed your training, where you may still benefit from the training we provide and where we are required to by law.
We do not share personal information about you with anyone outside LSPR without permission from you or your employer, or the person/s authorising your training, unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary for another reason allowed under data protection law, we may share personal information about you with:
- Our local authority – to meet our legal duties to share certain information with it, such as concerns about safety
- Your employer and representatives
- Educators and awarding bodies bodies
- Our regulator (the organisation or “watchdog” that supervises us)
- Suppliers and service providers – so that they can provide the services we have contracted them for e.g. Sync.com who provides LSPR the facilities for sharing course materials
- Financial organisations
- Central and local government
- Our auditors
- Survey and research organisations
- Health authorities
- Security organisations
- Health and social welfare organisations
- Professional advisers and consultants
- Police forces, courts, tribunals
- Transferring data internationally
Where we share data with an organisation that is based outside the European Economic Area, we will protect your data by following data protection law.
How to access personal information we hold about you
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you, and how we use it, by making a ‘subject access request’, as long as we judge that you can properly understand your rights and what they mean.
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and using it, and how long we will keep it for
- Explain where we got it from
- Let you know if we are using your data to make any automated decisions (decisions being taken by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
- Give you a copy of the information
- You may also ask us to send your personal information to another organisation electronically in certain circumstances.
- If you want to make a request please contact our data protection officer.
- Your other rights over your data
- You have other rights over how your personal data is used and kept safe, including the right to:
- Say that you don’t want it to be used if this would cause, or is causing, harm or distress
- Stop it being used to send you marketing materials
- Say that you don’t want it used to make automated decisions (decisions made by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
- Have it corrected, deleted or destroyed if it is wrong, or restrict our use of it
We take any complaints about how we collect and use your personal data very seriously, so please let us know if you think we’ve done something wrong.
You can make a complaint at any time by contacting our data protection officer.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in one of the following ways:
Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Call 0303 123 1113
Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact our data protection officer: John Dalton: GDPR@lspr-education.com