Fundamentals of Public Relations (PR01)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 5 Day 10:30am - 3:30pm
Learn how to create communication campaigns, manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, predict and reduce risk, create a crisis plan and risk management strategy, protect and enhance reputation, implement CSR strategies and create strategic media communications plans.
The 5-day course will help you obtain essential skills of Public Relations in developing robust strategies that enhance the reputation of your brand and corporate image.
Professional expert trainers offer inclusive up-to-date content and encourage group participation and discussion to gain a full understanding of how reputation is the primary strategic route to success for businesses in a digital era and help you develop your PR and communication skills.
On This Course You will learn:
- Trends and developments in communications
- Building reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Brand development
- Creating a PR strategy and developing PR campaigns
- Risk and issue management plans for stakeholder engagement
- Defending your brand and implementing effective risk and crisis plans
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Implementing CSR and sustainability strategies
- Media relations and press campaigns
Day 1 - Effective Branding and Reputation Management Strategies
Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- The visual elements of the brand and how it shapes our perception
- Exploring the differences between tangible (physical) and intangible (non-physical) elements of branding
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact the reputation
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 - Creating Effective PR Strategies and Campaigns
- How to establish your PR goals and objectives
- How to create successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- How to identify your external audiences, establish engagement and create personas
- How to use SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- How to plan your budgeting, in terms of human and other types of resources, for the best outcomes
- How to effectively evaluate to measure the success of your campaign
Day 3 - Implementing a Sustainable CSR Strategy
- Current perspectives of CSR - setting the scene for current issues
- How CSR strategies are changing and evolving
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- Ensuring CSR helps build brand equity and enhance trust and values
- CSR as an integral part of your internal communications
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- How best to communicate CSR ideas and programmes - external communications strategies
- Case studies: examples of good CSR practices in terms of social and environmental perspectives.
- Terminology associated with CSR
Day 4 - Managing Risk and Crisis
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk assessment techniques
- The process of issues management
- The consequences of not managing risk
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Planning for a crisis
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Crisis management - responding to a crisis - the steps
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of leadership during a crisis
- The importance of internal communications during a crisis
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Managing the media during a crisis - Media and crisis communications during the acute phase of a crisis
- Pre-prepared holding and media communications statements
- Reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
Day 5 - Managing Media Campaigns and Press Release Writing
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- What makes a good story?
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases and getting the message right
- Understanding writing style for various publications and audiences
- The building blocks, content, tone, balance and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, follow-on paragraphs, conclusive paragraph, quotes, notes to editors
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd and grab attention
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- The effective use of images and photographs
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Delivery methods to the press – distribution channels and how and which media agencies
- Developing digital media strategies that produce results for your campaigns
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Diploma will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Anne Knour, Marketing Communication Manager at TRACTO-TECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG
The training has expended my knowledge base. It was a great course!
Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | PR & Media Director, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
The training was very helpful to me in my job. It provided me with more skills and knowledge, concerning new media and how to deal with crisis and reputation management. Topics dealing with social media and branding, were very interesting. I hope that I can join you very soon in taking further courses. The staff were very helpful and provided excellent customer service. The atmosphere was very inviting and comfortable.
Ini Ememobong Essien | People Democratic Party | Fundamentals of Public Relations
The trainer did a great job. She was ready to accept input and comments.
Azlina Jaffar | Manager, Khazaam | Fundamentals of Public Relations
Very organized and facilitated.
— Shitta Aderoga | TetFund, Senior Admin Officer |Presenatation Skills
The trainers have good knowledge of their respective subjects. The training delivery is very interactive and enjoyable. I will be back to LSPR and recommending more people to come.
Israel Kgosidiile | PR Manager | Botswana MED Regulatory Authority | Fundamentals of Public Relations
Amazing trainer, well experienced.
Nini Rekhviashvili | PR Manager, Veon Georgia | Fundamentals of Public Relations
The training was quite interesting. I met people from different countries. The trainer was super nice and professional.
Marie Comer | Post Doc. Student | Fundamentals of Public Relations
Lots of material cover in an enthusiastic way with concrete examples and videos.
— Akinkunmi Akinola | Sahara Group Ltd, Communication Strategy Manager |PR & Reputation Management
During my time at LSPR I learnt so much, my sessions were well structured, well informed and I was taught by an intelligent group of delegates.
Hamad Al Mansoori | PR & Communication Manager, North Oil Company | Fundamentals of Public Relations
A very interesting topic, great session with good examples and cases. Practising was a very useful tool.
— Mopelola | Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited, Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager |PR & Reputation Management
The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality.
— Dana Kamilar | PR & Reputation Management
After completing the PR & Reputation Diploma at LSPR, I went on to work in luxury branding overseeing a wide array of brands including Gucci, Rolex, Breitling and Roberto Coin. All my best to the LSPR family! Thank you for helping me in my PR career!
— Alaneme Erasmus | TetFund, Principle Executive officer |PR & Reputation Management
The training was very relevant in the modern-day reputation management. I would highly recommend this course for PR managers anywhere.
— Lauren Rogers | Consultant, RH Consulting
One of the best investments I have made. I can use this knowledge immediately in my current career.
— Akinkunmi Akinola | Communication Strategy Manager, Sahara Group Ltd. | PR & Reputation Management
Very instructive. Well informed. Intelligent group of delegates. Great team work exercises
— Zoe Smeaten | Head of Communications and Public Affairs, Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee
This course has been a real life saver, giving me time and space to step back and see what I need to do next. Great venue and great trainers!
— Sara N. Al-Thami | HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS, QATAR fuel WOQOD company
Amazing training, which gave me so much information on creating effective PR campaigns and more. I will be implementing everything I learnt within my role!
— Ahmed Al-Failakawi | Marketing Department Manager - Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
I had researched many other training programmes in the last six months, checking the strength of the companies. I choose LSPR, due to its high professionalism, reputation, expert trainers and up-to-date course content.
— Jessica Clinkett | Communications Manager, Freelance Consultant
One great learning experience! I enjoyed the course and I am already using the reputation management concepts in my new role.
Abeer Alfayez | Senior Communications Specialist, Ministry of Housing | Fundamentals of Public Relations
Case studies were presented perfectly. The way of delivering the message and info is excellent. Giving us enough time to express ourselves and ideas.
— Fasanya Omolola | TetFund, Head Protocol Unit | PR & Reputation Management
My week at LSPR was very worthwhile. Having practised PR for 13 years, I still discovered new concepts and wider thinking. The staff are very warm and the facilities very competent. I am glad I attended and would highly recommend this course.
Jon Wilcox | Senior Communications Manager, Jagex | Strategic and Financial Analysis for PR professionals
Offered fresh perspectives on my place and visibility within the business.
Nigel Browne | Corporate Relations Officer | Eastern Central Caribbean Bank
Session was very interesting and interactive. Due to the nature of my organisation this topic was extremely important and the session covered the key areas and more. I am so thankful for this learning opportunity.
Hannah Benstead | PR + Partnerships executive, Birchbox | Fundamentals of Public Relations
The training course was really beneficial in providing a clear overview of PR campaigns with great interaction and discussion.
— Rima A Al-Medaries | Public Investment Fund, Associate & Media Affairs |PR & Reputation Management
Very interesting session. The use of imagery and videos is most defiantly very effective. The tangible and intangible elements in branding was very significant.
— Paula Garcia Acosta | Group Corporativo, Assistant | PR & Repuation Management
I feel that the 5 days have given me a great amount of information, in regards to each of the topics. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in furthering their career in PR.
— Emily Thomas | Assistant Director, British Council
The staff were extremely helpful and attentive. They provided excellent pre and post course service. The course was very much tailored to my needs and gave a wealth of inspiration and a lot of food for thought!
PR & Sponsorship Manager, Coingaming Group
Another great course with LSPR, which left me buzzing with ideas to take back to work!
— Temesi Mukani | Corporate Affairs Manager, National Oil Corporation of Kenya
A must attend course for PR and Communications professionals looking to get to the top. I highly recommend the LSPR course.