Fundamentals of Public Relations (PR01)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The practical 5 day Fundamentals of Public Relations Diploma course focuses on how to create communication campaigns, manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, predict and reduce risk, create a crisis plan and risk management strategy, protect and enhance reputation, implement CSR strategies, which are sustainable and create strategic media communications plans, which engage effectively with your target market and stakeholders.
Learn the essential skills of Public Relations in developing robust strategies that enhance the reputation of your brand and corporate image. We teach you the techniques of building trust within your brand, by developing your brand's reputation and image. The comprehensive Fundamentals of Public Relations course is up-to-date in content and encourages group participation and discussion. The approach to the training is inclusive and consultative. We work closely with each person, in order to help you develop your PR and communication skills. Central to this course is gaining a full understanding of how reputation is the primary strategic route to success for businesses in an age of rapid digital change.
On This Course You will learn:
- Trends and developments in communications
- Building reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Getting attention for your brand – from product to brand
- Risk and issue management plans for stakeholder engagement
- Defending your brand and implementing effective risk and crisis plans
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- CSR brand strategies
- Developing communications campaigns
Day 1 - Effective Branding and Reputation Management Strategies
Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- The visual elements of the brand and how it shapes our perception
- Exploring the differences between tangible (physical) and intangible (non-physical) elements of branding
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact reputation
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
Day 2 - Creating Effective Public Relations Campaigns
- Determining and establishing your public relations goals
- The importance of effective internal communications for a PR campaign
- Identifying your target audiences and create personas
- The process of creating a strategy and tactic for every objective - SMART goals
- Reviewing strategies for your campaigns through evaluation
Day 3 - Implementing a Sustainable CSR Strategy
- Current perspectives of CSR - setting the scene for current issues
- How CSR strategies are changing and evolving
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- Terminology associated with CSR
- Trust and Reputation Management
- Ensuring CSR helps build brand equity and enhance trust and values
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- CSR as an integral part of your internal communications
- Integrating CSR as part of your HR strategy to involve employees
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Risk management verses social values
- How best to communicate CSR ideas and programmes
- Current trends affecting communication around CSR - external communications strategies
Day 4 - Managing Risk and Crisis
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk assessment techniques
- The process of issues management
- The consequences of not managing risk
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Planning for a crisis
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Crisis management - responding to a crisis - the steps
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of leadership during a crisis
- The importance of internal communications during a crisis
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Managing the media during a crisis - Media and crisis communications during the acute phase of a crisis
- Pre-prepared holding and media communications statements
- Reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
Day 5 - Understanding Media and Press Campaigns
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- What makes a good story: the basics?
- How to engage the media
- Press release writing
- Why material gets rejected
- Make your material more attractive and grab attention
- Using social media: YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Developing media strategies that produce results
- Stakeholder management: analysis, mapping and engagement
- Engagement strategies and techniques
- Influence and persuasion techniques
- Framing and re-framing messages
- Techniques of advocacy and brand reach using digital and social media
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Zoe Smeaten | Head of Communications and Public Affairs, Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee
This course has been a real life saver, giving me time and space to step back and see what I need to do next. Great venue and great trainers!
— Mopelola | Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited, Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager |PR & Reputation Management
The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality.
PR & Sponsorship Manager, Coingaming Group
Another great course with LSPR, which left me buzzing with ideas to take back to work!
— Rima A Al-Medaries | Public Investment Fund, Associate & Media Affairs |PR & Reputation Management
Very interesting session. The use of imagery and videos is most defiantly very effective. The tangible and intangible elements in branding was very significant.
— Fasanya Omolola | TetFund, Head Protocol Unit | PR & Reputation Management
My week at LSPR was very worthwhile. Having practised PR for 13 years, I still discovered new concepts and wider thinking. The staff are very warm and the facilities very competent. I am glad I attended and would highly recommend this course.
Nigel Browne | Corporate Relations Officer | Eastern Central Caribbean Bank
Session was very interesting and interactive. Due to the nature of my organisation this topic was extremely important and the session covered the key areas and more. I am so thankful for this learning opportunity.
— Shitta Aderoga | TetFund, Senior Admin Officer |Presenatation Skills
The trainers have good knowledge of their respective subjects. The training delivery is very interactive and enjoyable. I will be back to LSPR and recommending more people to come.
— Jessica Clinkett | Communications Manager, Freelance Consultant
One great learning experience! I enjoyed the course and I am already using the reputation management concepts in my new role.
— Akinkunmi Akinola | Sahara Group Ltd, Communication Strategy Manager |PR & Reputation Management
During my time at LSPR I learnt so much, my sessions were well structured, well informed and I was taught by an intelligent group of delegates.
— Sara N. Al-Thami | HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS, QATAR fuel WOQOD company
Amazing training, which gave me so much information on creating effective PR campaigns and more. I will be implementing everything I learnt within my role!
— Paula Garcia Acosta | Group Corporativo, Assistant | PR & Repuation Management
I feel that the 5 days have given me a great amount of information, in regards to each of the topics. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in furthering their career in PR.
— Ahmed Al-Failakawi | Marketing Department Manager - Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
I had researched many other training programmes in the last six months, checking the strength of the companies. I choose LSPR, due to its high professionalism, reputation, expert trainers and up-to-date course content.
— Lauren Rogers | Consultant, RH Consulting
One of the best investments I have made. I can use this knowledge immediately in my current career.
— Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | Communications Management, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
The training was very helpful to me in my job. It provided me with more skills and knowledge, concerning new media and how to deal with crisis and reputation management. Topics dealing with social media and branding, were very interesting. I hope that I can join you very soon in taking further courses. The staff were very helpful and provided excellent customer service. The atmosphere was very inviting and comfortable.
— Akinkunmi Akinola | Communication Strategy Manager, Sahara Group Ltd. | PR & Reputation Management
Very instructive. Well informed. Intelligent group of delegates. Great team work exercises
— Alaneme Erasmus | TetFund, Principle Executive officer |PR & Reputation Management
The training was very relevant in the modern-day reputation management. I would highly recommend this course for PR managers anywhere.
— Emily Thomas | Assistant Director, British Council
The staff were extremely helpful and attentive. They provided excellent pre and post course service. The course was very much tailored to my needs and gave a wealth of inspiration and a lot of food for thought!
— Anne Knour, Marketing Communication Manager at TRACTO-TECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG
The training has expended my knowledge base. It was a great course!
— Temesi Mukani | Corporate Affairs Manager, National Oil Corporation of Kenya
A must attend course for PR and Communications professionals looking to get to the top. I highly recommend the LSPR course.
— Dana Kamilar | PR & Reputation Management
After completing the PR & Reputation Diploma at LSPR, I went on to work in luxury branding overseeing a wide array of brands including Gucci, Rolex, Breitling and Roberto Coin. All my best to the LSPR family! Thank you for helping me in my PR career!