Executive Management and Leadership (ML03)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Gain an updated overview of advanced modern management and leadership techniques. Learn how to, as a mid to experienced level manager, effectively and efficiently manage your teams to produce an organisational benefit.
The practical and highly stimulating Executive Management and Leadership course have been created for managers who want to succeed and be more effective in their role.
Delivery throughout the course is shared between numerous industry experts, with the sessions relying on the first-hand experience of our trainers, focussing on best practice and real-life scenarios.
Delegates are encouraged to engage in discussions and participate in activities. Attendees focus on a specific area of concern within their organisation and present to a panel as part of their final assessment and certification.
By the end of the training, delegates will go away with inspiring new ideas, more confidence in problem-solving and tools to put into practice.
On this course you will learn
- How to become the best manager, you can be
- Putting management theory into practice and understanding natural management styles and their effects on employees
- How to create high performing teams
- The practicalities of setting KPIS, appraisal and review systems
- Creating effective internal communications within the workplace
- Creating a positive impression, influence and reputation management
- Converting influence skills into valuable personal brand equity
- Engaging successfully with anyone and giving a positive impression, even under stressful conditions
- Developing your personal brand and style
- How to stand out from all those around you and leave a lasting, credible impression
- To understand what is an effective team
- How to develop team performance
- Developing core skills and abilities within your team
- The role of leadership in your team
- Techniques of motivating your team members and maximising performance
- How to manage and handle conflict within the team
Day One - BECOMING THE BEST MANAGER YOU CAN BE
- The roles, responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Exploring management and leadership styles
- Exploring motivational approaches and theories that best work for you – what makes you perform to the best of your ability?
- Understanding how to identify your own self-development
Day Two - CREATING HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
- Managing the team and enhancing performance within the team
- The need to vary management styles to the motivational and development needs of different individuals and situations
- How to motivate the less motivated team, as well as high performers
- The need to foster a positive team atmosphere
- The contribution of all team members with their different team styles
- Developing a motivated team and encouraging positive performance
- Identifying the causes of poor performance
Day Three - THE VITAL ROLE OF LEADERSHIP WITHIN TEAMS
- Difference between leading and managing a team
- Managing teams through change
- Reward management
- Reporting and measuring: KPIs & KRIs
- Leadership qualities required to manage teams
Day Four - EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- The link between leadership and power
- Leadership qualities in the 21st Century: handling complexity and uncertainty
- What now makes an effective leader?
- Effective judgment and decision-making
- Key skills and competencies required
- How to make an impression: physical and verbal skills when influencing others
- Teams: how to make effective and dynamic teams
- Action: why intent is not enough
- Leadership during a risk or crisis
Day Five - LEADERS AND THEIR ROLE IN ESTABLISHING EFFECTIVE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Improve your communication skills
- Harnessing a fair and consistent working environment for all employees
- Improve your listening skills and tackle performance problems effectively
- Exploring different approaches to internal communications
- Develop honest and open communications during review meetings.
- Show empathy and inspire and motivate staff to perform better
- Understand how to set clear objectives through clear and consistent communication
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations