Creating High Performance Teams (ML08)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Duration: 10:00am - 2:00pm BST
The practical Creating High Performance Teams 1 day professional development training course helps to advance core skills that enable managers and leaders within businesses develop and maintain high performing efficient teams. During the course, you will explore concepts around teamwork, team Performance Indicators, ways to encourage teamwork, the various roles in a team, group development
group dynamics, cohesive teams, the importance of team leaders, ways to motivate team members and effective methods to reduce conflict.
During the practical training, we will explore techniques that enable high-performing teams to perform to their maximum ability, achieve efficiency and maximise their resources.
Lead by the training expert, you will look at ways to improve the quality and reach of communication and engagement within your team. We will look at ways that enhance performance by motivating and leading people with positive impact. Ultimately leading to greater success to individuals, teams and organisations.
The session will have several team building activities built in to the training. They can be utilised as practical take aways to be used in the work place.
On this course, you will learn:
- To understand what is an effective team
- How to develop team performance
- Developing core skills and abilities within your team
- The role of leadership in your team
- Techniques of motivating your team members and maximising performance
- How to manage and handle conflict within the team
What is a high performing team?
- Defining what is meant by a team
- What are the characteristics and traits of an effective team?
- Exploring the benefits of successful teams
Developing Team Performance
- Understanding how to develop a team to perform to their maximum ability
- How to apply the team development model - forming, storming, norming, performing to realistic work situation
- Directing your team towards maximum performance
The various roles within a team
- Different roles in the team
- How do they link to each other to form a cohesive team?
- How to build on each other’s strengths and work to minimise weaknesses
Leading the team
- The leader’s role in developing and leading the team
- Leading a team to perform to their maximum ability
- How to inspire and lead team vision, goals and objectives
- Techniques to help you build confidence in tackling poor performance
- How to give difficult feedback and dealing with under-performance
Motivating the Team
- Motivating individuals and the cohesive entity
- Learn tips to motivate, reward and fully engage your team members
- How to achieve a culture of high achievement within your team
Managing Conflict in the Team
- Understanding why conflict occurs in a team
- Tools to manage conflict effectively
- Techniques to minimise the damage caused by conflict and get team members motivated again
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations