CSR & Sustainability
Duration: 2 Day 10.30am – 4.00pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The two day course will train you on how to manage corporate social responsibility and sustainability within your business. You will learn how to enhance stakeholder relationships and create positive business practices, with strong CSR strategies.
You will learn:
- Current perspectives of CSR
- How CSR strategies are changing and evolving
- How CSR is being embraced into business models
- Terminology associated with CSR
- Critical links between CSR and risk management
- How best to communicate CSR ideas and programmes
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- How to develop successful CSR programmes
- The links between CSR, issue and stakeholder management
- KPIs and measuring CSR outcomes
- Links between green marketing and innovation
- Role and purpose of CSR: current trends in CSR communications
- Key concepts in CSR: is CSR just risk reduction?
- Parallel terms and concepts: sustainability, corporate citizenship and social performance
- CSR as a key part of reputation management
- CSR and the critical issue of brand congruence
- CSR aligned with corporate values
- CSR and risk and issue management
- CSR and social media: the importance of engagement
- CSR and brand narratives
- CSR and Key Performance Indicators
- Requirements of developing internal and external campaigns
- CSR and message control
- CSR and stakeholder management: identification, mapping and engagement
- CSR and social marketing: how CSR improves brand equity and reputation
- Strategic nature of CSR: importance of strategy development
- CSR and HR: involving employees – internal communications
- Examples of good CSR practice in terms of social and environmental perspectives: M&S’s Plan A, Unilever (Pampers) and vaccination
- Cause-related marketing
- Identifying social causes: challenges of selecting a social issue
- Socially responsible investment (SRI)
- Green and environmental marketing
- Challenges presented by environmental issues
- Measuring environmental issues
- Climate change and biodiversity loss
- Sustainable practices: fishing, wood, food and ecotourism
- Management and CSR: measuring and performance targets
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development – based on the exercises set within the training sessions.
Delivery and Assessment
During the sessions, alongside presentations, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical exercises. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in number, in order that participants benefit fully from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Mark Richardson | CSR & Sustainability
I am currently looking at getting a role working within CSR. The course taught me so much. I feel confident to venture into the a new position, full of ideas and motivated to succeed! Thank you to all the great stafff and trainers at LSPR!
— Rebecca Clarkson | Freelance Consultant | CSR & Sustainability
The CSR course was well structured, packed with information, really practical and highly engaging.
— Nadia Noureldin | Deputy Director, Ministry of International Cooperation MOIC | CSR & Sustainability
The CSR course was very useful on a personal and opernational perspective. I had the opportunity to explore and learn more about the CSR concepts and strategies, exploring real examples and initiatives. I'm excited to see how it wil benefit my career!
— Emily Thomas | Assistant Director, British Council | CSR & Sustainability
The staff was extremely helpful and attentive and provided excellent pre-course service. The course was very much tailered to my needs and gave a walth of inspiration and food for tought.
— Yarob Al Tehnanyan | CSR & Sustainability
I was very pleased to have attended the CSR course. I really enjoyed being part of the group. The LSPR trainers and staff are very helpful and friendly