BUSINESS STRATEGY FOR PR
Duration: 2 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Award: Advanced Certificate
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
The two day course will provide you with an overview of the analytical business tools used to facilitate planning and forecasting. You will be trained in the process of making informed decisions for your branding strategies.
You will learn:
- Strategic analytical methods that evaluate business data and convert information into knowledge
- Key analytical tools that can be used in the prevailing market, as well as to strategically anticipate what may plausibly occur in the future
- Understand the complex nature of fast-moving organisations, as well competitors within an existing market
- How to analyse the results of social media campaigns and understand what customers are viewing, what they are sharing and how they are contributing to your social influence
- How to manage and make wealth from intangibles, with a strong focus on knowledge management
Day 1: The role of Business Analysis, Intellectual Property and Brand Equity
- The importance of analysis and forecasting, in strategic development and decision-making
- Trends in analysis and the shifts in demands and thinking
- Is competitive advantage dead?
- What about Big Data?
- What is intellectual capital?
- Structural capital
- Stakeholder (human), structural and relational capital
- Measuring brand equity
DAY 2: Strategic and Financial Analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Five forces industry analysis
- Driving forces analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis (PESTEL)
- Value chain analysis
- Win/loss analysis
- Analysis of social media campaigns and social media metrics
- Efficiency ratios, solvency ratios, liquidity analysis ratios and probability analysis ratios
- Strategic issue management
- Scenario analysis, pattern analysis and horizon scanning
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Advanced Certificate
During the sessions, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical critical thinking exercises, focusing on strategic analysis, anticipation, planning and forecasting. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practice the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in number, in order that participants fully benefit from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
— Steve Park | Assistant Director Policy and Communication, Newcastle City Council | Business Strategy for PR
The one-to-one support and personalisation during my training was greatly appreciated. I was able to take relevant new ideas and innovation back to the office. An enjoyable experience.