The Essentials of Blog Writing (WR01)
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.00pm GMT
Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
This one day The Essentials of Blog Writing certificated course is designed to help you define your goals, create a short and long term strategy for your blog, and teachs you how and what to blog about. The course focuses on the vital skills for your blog to be a success, both in developing the content and maximising the marketing opportunities that blogging brings to your brand. Our expert trainers will help you develop your ability to write clearly, confidently and consistently to gain brand reach and create shareable content. Good quality writing, whether for reports, presentations, marketing materials or online, it is essential to convey messages clearly and reflect well on the organisation and the writer.
Many organisations use blogs as an essential part of their digital marketing strategy to humanise brands and to drive new traffic to their website. You will receive friendly, practical and constructive feedback throughout the blogging course.
The opportunity to discuss and share your ideas within a discussion led training environment, is an essential and practical part of developing your blog writing skills, helping you develop the style, tone and scope of your writing. You do not need previous experience of to attend the blog writing course.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN
How to make your blog a useful marketing tool
- The different types and formats of blogs
- The benefits of blogs to your brand and organisation
- Understanding your readers and audiences
- How to write that content that targets your audience's interests
- How to engage with your audience
- How to develop a content strategy for your blogs
- How to create content for your blogs and the building blocks
- How to write credible content
- How to optimize your blog for SEO
- How to maximise your digital marketing opportunities with your blogging
- How to use images effectively in your blogs
- Understanding how to link your blogs to external sources
- Understanding how blogs work as a marketing and sales tool
- The different formats of blogs
- The difference between personal blogging and blogging for your business
- How a blog can benefit your company or organisation
Defining Your Company's Blogging Goals
- Who is your audience?
- Why will they want to read your blog?
- What do you want them to think, feel or do having read your blog?
- Developing strategy for your content
Writing Your Blog
- Components of a business blog
- Understanding how people read online and writing to mirror it
- Writing a post
- Writing with authority
- How to incorporate keywords and key phrases within your writing
- Blogging hints and tips
- Search engine optimised content
Connecting With Your Audience
- Sending invites to your blog
- Creating polls
- Inviting comments and replying to them
- Getting audience feedback
- How much information should I post?
The Importance of Blog in Digital Marketing
- Using blogs to build profile and market share
- Attracting new visitors and readers
- Using site statistics to understand your readers
The Title Tag
- Why the title tag is the most important of the eight words of your blog
- Word order in your title tag
- Best practice when writing headlines
The Power of Images
- Why images work
- Finding roayalty free images
- Adding video and audio to your blog
- Archives and feeds
- Linking blogs to external sites
- Writing link copy
The Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Certificate: Blogging. The Certificate is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction..
The final Certificate award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations