Duration: 1 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Many companies use blogs as an essential part of their digital marketing strategy to humanise brands and to drive new traffic to their website.
This one day course is designed to help you define your goals, create a short and long term strategy for your blog, and teach you how and what to blog about - vital skills if your blog is to be a success. You need no previous experience to attend this course.
- Understanding how blogs work as a marketing and sales tool
- The different formats of blogs
- The difference between personal blogging and blogging for your business
- How a blog can benefit your company or organisation
Defining Your Company's Blogging Goals
- Who is your audience?
- Why will they want to read your blog?
- What do you want them to think, feel or do having read your blog?
- Developing strategy for your content
Writing Your Blog
- Components of a business blog
- Understanding how people read online and writing to mirror it
- Writing a post
- Writing with authority
- How to incorporate keywords and key phrases within your writing
- Blogging hints and tips
- Search engine optimised content
Connecting With Your Audience
- Sending invites to your blog
- Creating polls
- Inviting comments and replying to them
- Getting audience feedback
- How much information should I post?
The Importance of Blog in Digital Marketing
- Using blogs to build profile and market share
- Attracting new visitors and readers
- Using site statistics to understand your readers
The Title Tag
- Why the title tag is the most important of the eight words of your blog
- Word order in your title tag
- Best practice when writing headlines
The Power of Images
- Why images work
- Finding roayalty free images
- Adding video and audio to your blog
- Archives and feeds
- Linking blogs to external sites
- Writing link copy
The Advanced Certificate is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Advanced Certificate.
During the sessions, we will refer to a number of current case studies and work on practical exercises. We want to encourage the sharing of ideas, engage in discussions, practise the concepts and gain feedback from the trainers. The classes are small in size, in order that participants fully benefit from a consultative approach.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations