The Essentials of Blog Writing
Duration: 1 Day 10:00am - 4:00pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
Duration: 1 Day 10:00am - 4:00pm
The one day The Essentials of Blog Writing certificated course is designed to help you define your blog writing goals, understand the best approach for structure, how to decide on topics, and content to engage your audiences, create effective marketing strategies, and how to achieve SEO optimisation for your blog.
The course focuses on the vital skills for your blog to be a success, both in developing the content and maximising the marketing opportunities that blogging brings to your brand. Our expert trainers will help you develop your ability to write clearly, confidently, and consistently to gain brand reach and create shareable content. Good quality writing, whether for reports, presentations, marketing materials, or online, is essential to convey messages clearly and reflect well on the organisation and the writer.
Many organisations use blogs as an essential part of their digital marketing strategy to humanise brands and to drive new traffic to their website.
The opportunity to discuss and share your ideas within a discussion-led training environment is an essential and practical part of developing your blog writing skills, helping you develop the style, tone, and scope of your writing. You do not need previous experience to attend the blog writing course. You will receive friendly, practical, and constructive feedback throughout the blogging course.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN
- The benefits of blogs to your brand as a powerful marketing tool
- to define your target audience
- To develop a content strategy for your blogs that targets and engages your readers
- To create credible content for your blogs and the building blocks for the structure
- To maximise your digital marketing opportunities with your blogging
- To create an effective SEO strategy for your blog
- Understanding how blogs work as a marketing and sales tool
- The different formats of blogs
- The difference between personal blogging and blogging for your business
- How a blog can benefit your company or organisation
Defining Your Company's Blogging Goals
- Who is your audience?
- Why will they want to read your blog?
- What do you want them to think, feel or do having read your blog?
- Developing strategy for your content
Writing Your Blog
- Components of a business blog
- Understanding how people read online and writing to mirror it
- Writing a post
- Writing with authority
- How to incorporate keywords and key phrases within your writing
- Blogging hints and tips
- Search engine optimised content
Connecting With Your Audience
- Sending invites to your blog
- Creating polls
- Inviting comments and replying to them
- Getting audience feedback
- How much information should I post?
The Importance of Blog in Digital Marketing
- Using blogs to build profile and market share
- Attracting new visitors and readers
- Using site statistics to understand your readers
The Title Tag
- Why the title tag is the most important of the eight words of your blog
- Word order in your title tag
- Best practice when writing headlines
The Power of Images
- Why images work
- Finding roayalty free images
- Adding video and audio to your blog
- Archives and feeds
- Linking blogs to external sites
- Writing link copy
Recognition & Award
This Professional Development course is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development Service (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk. Upon completion of this course, you will be awarded a CPD accredited certificate based on your participation and attendance.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations