Advanced Management Skills (ML01)
Duration: 5 Days 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Enhance your practical management knowledge with our advanced management skills training professional development certificate course. Learn how to create high performance teams, by understanding the tools and techniques of how best to motivate, set smart goals and objectives for employees. During the Advanced Management course, you will explore ways to become a more effective manager and improve internal communication overall in the organisation. We will teach you the different leadership styles that would work best for your teams and help set KPI’s, Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) and appraisal systems. Putting effective management thinking into real practice and how to positively effect employees.
This advanced, practical and highly stimulating course has been created for managers who want to succeed in their role. The delivery is very practical and relies on the trainer’s first-hand experience of real examples situations and focuses on best practice.
Delegates are encouraged to engage in discussions and participate in activities. They will learn to apply solutions to real-life issues that they face within their working lives. By the end of the training, delegates will go away with inspiring new ideas, more confidence in problem-solving and tools to put into practice.
On This Course You Will Learn
- How to become the best manager, you can be
- Putting management theory into practice and understanding natural management styles and their effects on employees
- How to create high performing teams
- The practicalities of setting KPIS, appraisal and review systems
- Creating effective internal communications within the workplace
- Creating a positive impression, influence and reputation management
- Converting influence skills into valuable personal brand equity
- Engaging successfully with anyone and giving a positive impression, even under stressful conditions
- Developing your personal brand and style
- How to stand out from all those around you and leave a lasting, credible impression
Day 1 - Becoming the best manager you can be
- The roles, responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Exploring management and leadership styles
- Exploring motivational approaches and theories that best work for you – what makes you perform to the best of your ability?
- Understanding how to identify your own self-development
Day 2 - Management in practice
- Practicing using tools and techniques to manage day to day work
- The role of assertive communication in getting the job done and managing others
- The practicalities of inductions, supervision and appraisals
- Practicing setting SMART objectives
Day 3 - Creating High Performance Teams
- Managing the team and enhancing performance within the team
- The need to vary management styles to the motivational and development needs of different individuals and situations
- How to motivate the less motivated team, as well as high performers
- The need to foster a positive team atmosphere
- The contribution of all team members with their different team styles
- Developing a motivated team and encouraging positive performance
- Identifying the causes of poor performance
Day 4 - Setting KPIS, appraisals and review systems
- Setting KPIs and benchmarking on targets and performance
- Reporting and measuring: KPIs & KRIs
- The role of the manager in identifying learning needs
- Setting targets and creating a monitoring and measurement plan
- Creating templates for 1:1 discussions and appraisals
- Giving and receiving feedback in managing performance
- Practicing giving feedback through role play
- Understand the tools needed and benefits of running appraisal meetings
- Overcoming nerves around appraisals
- Putting into action appraisals that are engaging and two-way
- Confidently plan and prepare for a successful review meetings
Day 5 - Influential Personal Branding
- What is influence and impression management?
- Empathy, leadership and reputation management
- Link with executive presence and leadership
- The psychology behind influence
- Channels of influence and persuasion: speaking, writing and presenting
- Creating your individual impactful brand - what does or doesn't work for you?
- Building your confidence and credibility
- Gravitas – appearance and confidence
- How to make a confident entry
- The secrets of body language for different occasions
- Executive success
- Dress to impress
- Building your presence and reputation on social media and effective networking
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: Advanced Management Skills. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each sessionduring the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."