The Essentials of Management and Leadership Skills (ML01)
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118A Kensington Church St
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Enhance your practical management knowledge with our advanced management skills training professional development certificate course. Learn how to create high performance teams, by understanding the tools and techniques of how best to motivate, set smart goals and objectives for employees. During the Advanced Management course, you will explore ways to become a more effective manager and improve internal communication overall in the organisation. We will teach you the different leadership styles that would work best for your teams and help set KPI’s, Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) and appraisal systems. Putting effective management thinking into real practice and how to positively effect employees.
This advanced, practical and highly stimulating course has been created for managers who want to succeed in their role. The delivery is very practical and relies on the trainer’s first-hand experience of real examples situations and focuses on best practice.
Delegates are encouraged to engage in discussions and participate in activities. They will learn to apply solutions to real-life issues that they face within their working lives. By the end of the training, delegates will go away with inspiring new ideas, more confidence in problem-solving and tools to put into practice.
On This Course You Will Learn
- How to become the best manager, you can be
- Putting management theory into practice and understanding natural management styles and their effects on employees
- How to create high performing teams
- The practicalities of setting KPIS, appraisal and review systems
- Creating effective internal communications within the workplace
- Creating a positive impression, influence and reputation management
- Converting influence skills into valuable personal brand equity
- Engaging successfully with anyone and giving a positive impression, even under stressful conditions
- Developing your personal brand and style
- How to stand out from all those around you and leave a lasting, credible impression
Day 1 - LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGERS
- How managers can become leaders
- Understanding the importance of leadership
- Providing guidance to your team
- Creating confidence in your team
- Building morale and motivation in your team
- Building work environment
- The pragmatic strategy for you as a manager to be a leader
- How to create a network of contacts, people who can act as listening posts internally and externally
- Looking at organisational problems from a different perspective.
- How to build coalitions. find key influencers, the experts, people who have the resources,
- knowledge, and the power to make things happen.
- How to recognise, reward and celebrate the accomplishments of your team, as well as groups elsewhere in the organisation.
- How to focus on the outcome rather than process in each case
- Turning decisions into reality and taking responsibility for the decisions
Day 2 - Executive Presentation Skills
- Managing your body language
- Developing your individual style and charisma, to build influence and rapport with audiences
- Using your voice effectively
- Building your confidence and expanding your communication skills
- Creating structure and timing
- How to deliver a presentation that leaves lasting positive impressions
- Handling the Q & A sessions
Day 3 - Creating High Performance Teams
- Managing the team and enhancing performance within the team
- The need to vary management styles to the motivational and development needs of different individuals and situations
- How to motivate the less motivated team, as well as high performers
- The need to foster a positive team atmosphere
- The contribution of all team members with their different team styles
- Developing a motivated team and encouraging positive performance
- Identifying the causes of poor performance
Day 4 - Influential Personal Branding
- What is influence and impression management?
- Empathy, leadership and reputation management
- Link with executive presence and leadership
- The psychology behind influence
- Channels of influence and persuasion: speaking, writing and presenting
- Creating your individual impactful brand - what does or doesn't work for you?
- Building your confidence and credibility
- Gravitas – appearance and confidence
- How to make a confident entry
- The secrets of body language for different occasions
- Executive success
- Dress to impress
- Building your presence and reputation on social media and effective networking
Day 5 - Setting KPIS, Appraisals and Review Systems
- Setting KPIs and benchmarking on targets and performance
- Reporting and measuring: KPIs & KRIs
- The role of the manager in identifying learning needs
- Setting targets and creating a monitoring and measurement plan
- Creating templates for 1:1 discussions and appraisals
- Giving and receiving feedback in managing performance
- Practicing giving feedback through role play
- Understand the tools needed and benefits of running appraisal meetings
- Overcoming nerves around appraisals
- Putting into action appraisals that are engaging and two-way
- Confidently plan and prepare for a successful review meetings
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas with others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire which enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
Award & Recognition
LSPR Professional Development Diploma. The Diploma is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: www.cpduk.co.uk
The final Diploma will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations
Other Courses in Branding, PR & Communications
Terms & Conditions
Florine Van Everdingen - 3i/Executive Assistant
"Thank you very much for the warm welcome and two wonderful days. It has been incredibly useful to not only have a far better and thorough understanding of the subject, but also to leave inspired with the necessary tools to take action in practice."
Fatemah Nasser Al-Azemi | PR & Media Director, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, State of Kuwait
I would like to thank you very much for helping me to improve my skills in the field of media and Public Relations.
Shitta Aderoga -TetFund/Senior Admin Officer
"I love the way the training was interactive, and the trainers make you feel you are part of the training. The trainers have good knowledge of what they teach."
Georgette Olaiya -Zeal/Digital PR Executive
"Great course, full of knowledge, and provides useful skills that can be used. The teacher ran bespoke sessions relating back to my current work place, we worked on a few future campaign releases which was very helpful."
Sakshi Kohli | India Today Group
LSPR provided a unique method of learning. Being able to break down real life scenarios and crisis and look at the crisis management cycles.
Roberta Maria Mistretta - Whittard of Chelsea / Supervisor
"This course was extremely interesting and engaging. Lectures were enjoyable and well organised, and the material provided was very useful and informative. The course provided me with new and practical skills that will be surely help me in my career. Moreover, our knowledgeable and experienced tutor has been an amazing teacher and advisor. I would recommend LSPR to everyone."
Mopelola Oyenekko - Salvic Petroleum Resources Limited/ Corporate Communications and Public Relations Manager
"The tutor had an excellent delivery and I gained a lot of knowledge in one week. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for the warm hospitality."
Noor Alzayer | Event management Supervisor, Saudi Telecom Company (STC) | Crisis Communications
Abdulaziz Al-Zaman - Head of Protocol/Qatar Airforce
"The course was excellent. I managed to take away some valuable information which I can implement in my future. The teacher was outstanding and delivered the info very well."