Advanced Logistics (ML02)
All LSPR professional development courses are offered remotely at this time.
Duration: 10:00am - 2:00pm BST
Duration: 5 Day 10.30am – 3.30pm
Location: 118a Kensington Church St. London W8 4BH
This Advanced Logistics and Management training course fully covers the role and impact of Logistics and Supply Chain Management affecting an organization through the understanding of Supplier Management in Purchasing, Transportation Models, and Inventory Models from a cost efficient and optimization perspective.
This highly interactive is designed for the programme delegates to practice and develop key facets of advanced logistics and materials management which will enable delegates to strategically manage international shipping systems and inventory. Examples of global best practice are delivered throughout the training course to enable delegates to fully embed the learning in order that they can apply within their roles upon returning to their work following the course.
This course will allow delegates to appreciate the implication of the impacts of logistics & materials management and purchasing functions both internally and external to the organization, as well as appreciate the importance of effective resources planning
Delegates will learn how to effectively manage inventory and develop specific action plans to further develop their role and organizational benefit
On this course you will learn
- Understanding he implication of the impacts of logistics and materials management and purchasing functions both internally and external to the organization
- Apply the concepts of international logistics/freight procedures & documentation
- Appreciate the importance of effective resources planning
- Develop optimized work processes and financial areas such as cash flow, cost reduction and management
- Learn how to effectively manage inventory utilizing selective inventory strategic policies
- Develop specific action plans to further develop their role and organisational benefit
Day One - THE ROLE OF LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT IN MODERN BUSINESSES
- Evaluate logistics role in the current business process
- The evolution of Supply Chain management and Supply Chain dynamics
- The application of a Supply Chain approach
- How to use and apply the Supply Chain Operations Reference Model (SCOR)
- Identifying Supply Chain Instabilities and Risks
Day Two - LINKING STRATEGIES AND IMPROVEMENT IN COST AND PRODUCTIVITY IN PROCUREMENT
- Developing Spend Analysis for establishing purchase prices index
- Examine the Total Cost of Ownership
- Analyse Supplier portfolio and classification utilizing and applying Kraljic’s
- Matric and Porter’s 5 Forces
- Formulate, plan and organise Strategic purchasing plans
- Illustrate the effective order-cycle and lead-time effect on Purchasing
- Plan and organise for negotiations
Day Three - STRATEGIC SUPPLY IN MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
- Formulate, plan and organise formal procedures for making stock decisions
- Explain, discuss and review safety stock levels and order points
- Apply and improve min/max systems and settings
- Using material forecasts
- Cataloguing materials for effective buying process
Day Four - EFFECTIVE INVENTORY PLANNING AND CONTROL
- Setting comprehensive inventory goals and objective
- Effecting a rationalization strategy
- Calculating and evaluating carrying costs and economic order quantity theory
- Establishing a Strategic Focus with Pareto Analysis on Cost
- Improving material identification and coding
- Creating best practices in the physical control of materials
- Measuring record accuracy and improving cycle counting systems.
Day Five - TACTICAL AND OPERATIONAL APPROACHES IN TRANSPORTATION ECONOMICS
- Apply the Role of Transportation in Logistics to the organisation
- Identify and recognise Transportation Management Strategic Key Decisions
- Explain, discuss and review the types of mode and intermodal systems
- Show and illustrate the International Commercial Terms in transportation and
- the liabilities
- Identify and review Hazardous materials transportation
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a quote.
*One-to-one and small groups training sessions: duration may be subject to minor time alterations